Field Specialist I (28440) Charleroi, Pennsylvania
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Weatherford DHM supplies personnel and highly specialized computer, electronic, and manifold equipment for managed pressure drilling applications. Also supplied are specialized UBD and pressure control equipment. The purpose of this position is to support the business line on a specific shift directly in the field.
Under strict supervision, assists during the rigging up and down of MPD, UBD, DDV equipment on work locations for the purpose of providing services during the drilling phase of a well. To become proficient in conventional drilling terms and systems and to understand MPD, UBD, DDV methods. Learns and promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable QHSE guidelines and follows Project Execution Process (PEP)
- Assists in the preparation, assembling, rig up, rig down and testing of the MPD, UBD and DDV Drilling equipment.
- Operates the MPD, UBD, DDV equipment and monitors the operation
- Conducts maintenance on MPD, UBD, DDV equipment
- Field Operation of MPD, UBD, DDV equipment
- Responsible for HSE procedures and documentation on Site for specific shift.
- Job is on-call basis and requires the Field Technician to report to job site when assigned by Operations Manager or Field Engineer and to maintain daily communication with Operations Manager when not on vacation or days off.
- Long shifts, regularly 12 hours on site.
- Requires extensive travel both domestically and internationally.
- Extended stays away from home in motels or drilling sites are anticipated.
- Requires strenuous activities including walking, bending, climbing, and being able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
This role continues the introduction to the MPD, UBD, DDV operation and services and concentrates on well site operations while maintaining shop duties. Learns basic tasks to include but not limited to: (1) performing cleaning, operation testing and pressure testing on equipment during pre job procedures, (2) preparing and packaging ancillary equipment to be used for the job, (3) performing pre/post job equipment inspections, (4) performing/completing preventative maintenance procedures on equipment (5) Assists in the preparation and running of a job and in the clean up, repair, and prep for the next job. Be proficient at running MPD, UBD, DDV equipment on rig site.
Minimum 2 years experience in any of the following disciplines:
• UBD and/or CPD
• Drilling Engineer
• Mud Engineer
• Well Testing
• Frac Flowback
• Drilling - Motorman or higher