Test Technician I (Pipeline) (28743) Jane Lew, West Virginia
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Under general supervision, perform hydrostatic testing, which includes rig up and rig down of all test hoses, equipment, and meters.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examine parts for conformance with dimensional specifications using precision measuring Instruments.
- Assist in installation of unit or system to be tested, including rig up and rig down of all test hoses, equipment, and indicating equipment.
- Activate controls to apply power and subject test item to successive steps in test cycle.
- Monitor controls and instruments and record test data for engineer’s use.
- May be required to work offshore.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 1-3 years experience within Pipeline Services preferred
- Strong knowledge of hydraulic testing procedures preferred
- Good math skills
- Strong mechanical knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read or learn to read a measuring tape, micrometer, and calipers
The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.