Senior Marketing Research Analyst (010111) North Canton, Ohio
The Senior Marketing Research Analyst at Diebold, Inc. is responsible for providing information, analysis and insights regarding markets, competitors and products to assist Product Line Management in identifying business opportunities and gathering in-depth knowledge about consumer demands and preferences.
Diebold's Product and Service outsourcing solutions integrate cross-disciplinary functions into comprehensive customer solutions. They include both hardware and software capabilities, and provide professional and managed services, transaction processing, security and more. And because Diebold is a leading, global provider of integrated solutions for the largest financial institutions and government markets with a presence in over 90 countries worldwide, you will be working with some of the latest emerging technologies and leading talent.
As a key contributor to the Product Management and Marketing organization, the Senior Marketing Research Analyst will take complex data related to sales trends, consumer demographics, market preferences, competitor business models, and customer needs and buying habits and synthesize it into action-oriented business recommendations to drive strategic initiatives. The Marketing Analyst advises the Product Management and Marketing team in several areas, including: new product and technology analysis, market forecasting, assessing competitors and competitive offerings, monitoring market and competitor activities, identifying business and functional requirements, price trending analysis, recommending targeted marketing campaigns, providing analysis and recommendations for product expansion for effective market penetration and other activities in support of Product Management and corporate objectives.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and tracking regulatory, competitive, economic and consumer behavior trends
- Conducting financial and strategic analysis on product profitability, market sizing, competitor analysis and financial projections for strategic initiatives
- Researching and recommending strategies for market opportunities in both new and existing markets
- Keeping up to date on the industry's product trends, technologies and development to maintain market competitiveness
- Monitoring various data feeds and delivering relevant data to appropriate stakeholders, including assisting with identifying and developing appropriate data resources
- Maintaining data intelligence on markets, as well as competitor offerings, with periodic updates based on market changes and market penetration
- Assisting Product Management with writing and producing materials in support of new products, including Market Requirements Specifications
- Producing reports, communicating findings and recommendations on key business initiatives
- Analyzing product portfolio as well as assisting with operational reviews
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business Management or Marketing
- MBA is a plus
- At least 1 year of market research or marketing analytics experience, including internships
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen
- Ability to understand, analyze, synthesize and report from large and varying data sources
- Ability to solve problems with a passion for technology solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively work with people in all levels of the organization
Diebold, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.