Computer Engineering Co-Op - Research & Development (Fall 2014) (011108) North Canton, Ohio
As an Advanced Technologies Co-op with Diebold, Inc., you will have multiple opportunities to gain corporate experience by being involved in projects, staff meetings and corporate events. Your primary focus will be Research & Development (R&D) in the areas of electronics, firmware and software. You will be trained on the appropriate tools, languages, and documentation required. Diebold will provide a great learning experience, and you will be invited to participate in events with other Interns and Co-ops. Due to the long-term time span of R&D projects, candidates are expected to commit to returning co-op sessions between Sophomore and Senior years to see the project(s) from start to finish.
Your essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Researching/investigating technologies that Diebold has not yet adopted
- Working under the direction of senior level engineers
- Writing test scripts
- Software development & debugging using high level languages
- Using "engineering intuition" to turn unrelated technologies into practical business applications
- Automation design for existing manual processes and data gathering
- Learning database systems and how to interface with them using code
- Must be currently attending a college or university pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering
- Interest in both hardware and software required
- The ability to program is required
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
Diebold, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.