Insured Solutions Consultant - Washington, DC (91080BR) Washington, District of Columbia
|Salary:||commensurate with experience|
Job Summary & Mission:
As an Insured Solutions Consultant, you have the opportunity to partner with 350+ Financial Advisors and Branch/Complex Management to proactively engage HNW/UHNW clients & prospects in advanced Insurance solutions to Protect a Family’s Lifestyle, Legacy and Wealth Transfer, while integrating those strategies into their financial and estate plans. You will be compensated very competitively, 100% commission, plus approved expenses, with unlimited earnings potential and the vast resources of UBS Wealth Management at your disposal. You will need to be collaborative, make a great first impression, and demonstrate intelligence in wealth management -- in order to show credibility and build trust with Advisors requesting your partnering on insurance business.
• Help lead the transition to a Wealth Management culture through the positioning of financial planning for clients and the appropriate implementation of insurance solutions for income protection and estate planning purposes.
• Enhance the client acquisition, advisement and retention process by contributing sophisticated intellectual capital related to Insurance solutions and protection strategies.
• Assist in the client sales process to close suitable Life Insurance, LTC and Disability Insurance.
• Educate FAs, CSAs & Branch Managers in the areas of wealth planning, estate and financial planning.
• Articulate a concise message to both the client and UBS FA, as an advice provider in a comprehensive insurance planning.
• Provide expertise with respect to insurance products and solutions, then bring that to clients in partnership with FAs.
• Prepare individually, and/or in partnership with Wealth Management Consultants (WMCs) and Annuity-Retirement Consultants, comprehensive analysis and review of a client's insurance planning, educating clients on opportunities for additional planning, and including a review of estate documents and structures (i.e. Wills, Trusts, Powers-of-Attorney, Health Care Directives, Pre-nuptials, Partnership Agreements, ILITs).
• Serve as a member of UBS's in-house "think-tank," by creating timely articles on estate protection and wealth transfer planning for internal and external publications and participating in speaking engagements.
• Collaborate with other business groups within UBS Wealth Management US to provide a consistent internal client experience.
• Participate in external activities that raise the profile of UBS Wealth Management in the HNW/UHNW market, particularly among attorneys and accountants as centers of influence.
• Assist with Complex Directors/Branch Managers with recruiting FAs from the competition who are or who will be wealth management and insurance focused.
• Partner with Complex Directors/Branch Managers in their insurance action plans and goals.
• Leverage outside resources such as the UBS Attorney and Life Insurance Networks.
• Possess general knowledge of the entire wealth management solutions planning platform.
• Become an informal team member of each FA team.
• Where appropriate bring client case opportunities to the other Consultants (i.e., Wealth Management Consultants (WMC’s), Banking Consultants and Portfolio Strategy Consultants).
• Coordinate the sharing of best practices and key sales information.
• Manage T&E to ensure expenditures stay within guidelines.
• Bring significant experience working with HNW/UHNW clients to the role.
• Stay current on relevant tax law changes and communicate those changes to FAs.