Systems Engineer (341) Calgary, Canada
Sourcefire, Inc. (Nasdaq:FIRE) a world leader in Cyber Security is transforming the way Global 2000 organizations and government agencies manage and minimize network security risk. Sourcefire’s IPS and real-time adaptive security solutions provide security for the real world of dynamic networks and escalating threats. Today, the names Sourcefire and Snort have grown synonymous with innovation and Cyber Security.
Sourcefire is a dynamic environment that inspires employees to create opportunities by honing their talents and skills every day. Employees are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. We recognize and reward quality results and commitment to our company’s purposes and principles.
At Sourcefire we are reimagining the way networks are secured and managed.
As a SRE at Sourcefire, you'll design and automate complex infrastructure, interface with developers and executives at all levels of the company, and be given the freedom to solve difficult problems and create innovative solutions. You will be responsible for the design and execution of a platform that already hosts upwards of a million users.
You will be working with an amazing team of developers with long experience in the security community. Every member of our team has proven they can ship code and hit deadlines. You will find no chaff here. Your job will be to support them while shepherding the infrastructure itself.
This is a generalist role. You will be responsible for the entirety of the stack: Be it running on one of our clouds, or on our own metal.
In addition to building systems and processes, you will also be cutting code to _manage_ those systems: from writing Chef to our SmartOS provisioning system to cloud orchestration software.
- Work with Sourcefire development to define feature product testing requirements
- Write and execute detailed test plan for Sourcefire's network security solutions
- Tracking product feature status via both defect tracking and test matrix
- A dedication to service
- 5 years of UNIX
- Dynamic scripting languages
- A conviction that all infrastructure can and must be automated
- An almost unhealthy need for metrics and graphs
- Deep understanding of how humans create and use software
- Be excellent to each other
- Knowledgeable in firewall, IPS/IDS and/or other network security products.
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP.
- Knowledgeable in LDAP, CAC, RADIUS, or other authentication methodologies
- Experience in defining test requirements, test methodologies and setting up the required test lab and equipment.
- Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written) and technical skills.
- Experience testing and administering in Linux and other Unix environments.
- Must work well in a team environment, be highly motivated, and willing to learn new skills
- Linux, Solaris, BSD
- AWS EC2, or similar cloud service
- Perl, Ruby
- Experience in Perl and shell scripting language.
- Experience in testing Firewall, VPN, NAT and VLANs and related networking protocols such as RIP, OSPF, BGP
- Good knowledge and testing experience in L2/L3 switching and routing environment.