Manager-Quality Assurance Environments and Data (7280BR) Clinton, New Jersey
The Manager of QA Environments and Data will a lead team of QA/Test professionals who are responsible for Test Environments and Enterprise Test Data in support of Corporate, Insurance, and Investment IT projects. The team has responsibility for the coordination and execution of system verification testing activities and establishing, maintaining and implementing the test methods and procedures necessary for the verification of business applications. Examples of key supported applications include New Business 21(NB21), Client Information System(CIS), Portal Contact System(PCS), Virtual Serrvice Center(VSC), eApp, Cyberlife (Fixed & Variable), Web Services, Call Center(UCCE), eDelivery, Traditional Product Administration(CTP). Additionally, they have responsibility for Data Scrubbing tools and the processes used to provision clean test data to prevent exposure of Personally Identifiable Information(PII). As a manager, the AVP of QA Environments and Data establishes plans and objectives for the team, directs and develops staff, and ensures resources are in place and operating effectively to meet business goals. The position has accountability for results of the team including quality of work, timeliness, and meeting budget goals.
- Provides direction for the testing team, ensuring that activities of the team are aligned with
- Coordinates and executes of system verification testing activities.
- Establishes, maintains and implements the test methods and procedures necessary for the verification of business applications.
- Leads the testing team to achieve higher levels of competency, effectiveness and internal process improvement.
- Leads a specialized test function for the identification, development and management of testing data and environments.
- Contributes to the development of technical standards and procedures at the division level.
- Creates test plans, evaluates progress and results, and makes adjustments as necessary to meet commitments.
- Evaluates and ensures quality of team’s output.
- Continually improves work procedures and processes for the unit managed. Focuses on managerial concerns of the area such as cost, completion date, and resource allocation.
- Reports necessary data to department senior management.
- Provides input and manages to a workforce plan created by next level manager.
- Keeps up to date on industry best practices.
- Develops a breadth of knowledge of key business functions in the Company and the technologies supporting them; maintains knowledge of enterprise wide business goals and objectives and their supporting technology initiatives.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in multiple test environments.
- Extensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in a testing environment; serves as a technical resource to other professionals in the field.
- Complete understanding of test design techniques.
- Current knowledge in the use of innovative testing practices, test tools and technologies.
- Experienced in the use of automation test tools and other testing tools used in testing efforts.
- Expert level knowledge of the QA review and inspection process.
- Experienced in structuring the testing tasks on multiple projects and estimating schedules, resources, and dependencies with the ability to take a business approach to planning, coordinating, scheduling and managing resources, considering the future needs of the business, as well as functional and organizational policies and precedents.
- Can balance resource needs across multiple projects and initiatives to ensure business objectives are met.
- Ability to develop a broad understanding of the environment at NY Life and to apply an understanding of the interoperability of systems and technologies to the testing effort.