Senior Operations Specialist (7275BR) Clinton, New Jersey
Seasoned IT operations specialist maintaining the technical infrastructure; a resource on procedures for the area. Develops and documents new procedures
• Repairs, maintains and provides preventative maintenance on a variety of technical platforms for an area of the operations infrastructure.
• Performs complex troubleshooting, choosing from among a large number of different procedures to find a solution.
• Maintains and updates existing documentation and standard operating procedures.
• Tracks and reports on metrics, SLAs.
• Monitors problem logs and records.
• May direct more junior staff in the context of an assignment. Assumes a shift lead role, as required.
• Design and maintain the cabling infrastructure supporting the mainframe and distributed environments.
• Plans and coordinates all physical hardware installations for the data center, by providing guidance, direction and supervision for all customers and vendors
The candidate must be highly skilled in server (UNIX / INTEL Based) support and recovery capabilities. Typical candidates will possess 4+ years experience in technology operations with a BS in a technical field or equivalent experience....specifically in Distributed Server Operations.
Expert knowledge in a combination of REMEDY, Windows Servers, UNIX, VMWare and RDBMS technologies. Able to perform complex troubleshooting techniques and able to resolve technical issues to restore service as well as an ability to communicate and work with senior technical support to troubleshoot and resolve outages.
At least 3 years as a Team Leader in organizations managing complex highly available technology infrastructure and applications.
Microsoft Certification (MCSE) also a plus.
College Education / IT related Degree or equivalent experience. Microsoft Windows system administration certification (MCSE). UNIX ( Solaris or AIX ) system administration certification.