Senior Engineer OBD Certification Documentation (BBBH10784) Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
This leading provider of premium products and premium services for individual mobility is the home of world famous automobile brands. They are performance-oriented and know by experience that good performance is only achieved if their employees feel comfortable and appreciated. Therefore, mutual appreciation is an integral part of their corporate philosophy. They have no cultural and national boundaries.
Overall Time schedule:
- Create a plan of delivery for all separate parts of the OBD certification on a generic basis.
- Existing plans should be included after examination and coordination with our Company counterparts.
- The OBD certification documentations includes, but are not limited to summary table, OBD descriptions, check lists, cross over matrix, NOR/OOR table, FID/PID lists, look up tables and technical terms
Elaborate the complete project control process in detail.
- Prepare the certification documents for delivery to the corresponding milestones (integration level).
Create a plan for the OBD demonstration, OBD communication and PVE tests.
- This schedule will start with the required date of car model definition by CARB.
Vehicle Test Group based Schedule:
- Prepare individual maps for the respective test groups or models for all OBD requirements based on generic OBD plans.
- A close liaison with colleagues from EL-513 and EA-77 is also here essential; existing documents have to be used.
- Essential for the efficient planning is the selection of a tool which is clearly arranged and easy to use.
- The selection of a planning tool which is clearly arranged and easy to use is important for the efficient scheduling.
Time Schedule Monitoring:
- Monitor the delivery dates of the individual certification documents in accordance with the appropriate set milestones.
- Collect all the necessary documents from the respective experts by your own responsibility.
- Use standard meetings of other teams to get all the required information as far as it's possible.
- Prepare the status of the OBD certification in a clear way and ready to present within the Company.
- Consult the critical issues together with the Company colleagues before the points will be escalated.
- Examine the certification documents for technical completeness, accuracy and plausibility, as specified by CARB.
- Develop in your own responsibility appropriate methods and criteria make it possible to check all the relevant parts of the OBD documentation in a reasonable period of time.
- Use available tools or make suggestions for some improvements of the existing tools.
- Coordinate the monitoring concept of the certification documents together with the Company experts.
- Upon detection of faulty documents, the responsible experts have to be informed, the problem areas have to be described and solutions have to be arranged together with the technical experts.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Environmental Engineering or similar university degree, management skills and a strong background in program management is required.
1. Minimum 3 years experience in areas of calibration of engines with focus on emissions, On Board Diagnosis, hybrid systems or vehicle communication systems.
2. Strong background in project management and in negotiating with other people is absolutely necessary for this task.
3. Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office programs, good understanding in emissions testing and certification documentation as well as in OBD communication is required.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are needed. Overnight travel is required. German language would be beneficial. Driver's license is prerequisite.
Approx. Duration: 1 year
About Hired By Matrix
For more than 25 years, Hired by Matrix has been providing temporary and long-term contract staffing solutions to Fortune 1,000 as well as mid-market companies nationwide. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, delivery & logistic, business information, financial and entertainment companies. The technology that we support is as diverse as our clients. We provide consultants with experience in mainframe legacy technology all the way to cutting edge technologies, like web and mobile application development. Our consultants are in roles that include Project Managers, Architects, Business analysts, QA, developers and infrastructure & network specialists. At the request of our clients we have broadened our capabilities across a variety of different areas, including: finance and accounting, R&D, clinical sciences and administrative. And as a woman-owned, WBENC-certified business we’ve helped companies grow their Supplier Diversity spend which is certainly a nice added benefit as well.
Our extended network of qualified contract professionals offers nationwide contracting capabilities.
Our dedicated team of account managers and recruiters collaborates closely with each of our clients to understand their staffing needs, corporate requirements and company cultures before building robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals in response.