Legal Assistant (BBBH11837) Madison, New Jersey
The world's largest research-based pharmaceutical company is hiring! Our client discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets leading prescription medication.
For over 150 years, they have been making the world a healthier place to live.
The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for supporting the Legal Department and with an emphasis on coordination of the contracting process, including processing, receipt, execution, filing, retention and overall document management, and ensuring records are maintained and updated on a continuous basis. This candidate will provide the interface with the Legal department, Board of Directors, Chief of Compliance, attorneys.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Functions: Perform a variety of functions in support the Legal Department according to established policies and procedures:
- Execute the legal agreement workflow process Staff Assistance
- Provide assistance to staff and external parties by answering questions on agreement drafts
Minimum of one year’s experience performing contract or administrative support duties preferably in a law firm or legal department
Attributes: Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships across the organization and with external parties
- Minimum of Associates Degree from an accredited college or university
- Legal administrative experience desirable
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree preferred
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and work under a tight schedule
- Fluency with the Microsoft Office software suite
- Knowledge of legal terminology and principles
- Corporate and departmental operating policies and procedures
Approx. Duration: 1 year
About Hired By Matrix
For more than 25 years, Hired by Matrix has been providing temporary and long-term contract staffing solutions to Fortune 1,000 as well as mid-market companies nationwide. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, delivery & logistic, business information, financial and entertainment companies. The technology that we support is as diverse as our clients. We provide consultants with experience in mainframe legacy technology all the way to cutting edge technologies, like web and mobile application development. Our consultants are in roles that include Project Managers, Architects, Business analysts, QA, developers and infrastructure & network specialists. At the request of our clients we have broadened our capabilities across a variety of different areas, including: finance and accounting, R&D, clinical sciences and administrative. And as a woman-owned, WBENC-certified business we’ve helped companies grow their Supplier Diversity spend which is certainly a nice added benefit as well.
Our extended network of qualified contract professionals offers nationwide contracting capabilities.
Our dedicated team of account managers and recruiters collaborates closely with each of our clients to understand their staffing needs, corporate requirements and company cultures before building robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals in response.