Financial Analyst (BBBH12238) La Jolla, California
The world's largest research-based pharmaceutical company is hiring! Our client discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets leading prescription medication.
For over 150 years, they have been making the world a healthier place to live.
This Finance Analyst position will provide financial analysis and reporting, and perform accounting activities in support of the Oncology and Rinat Research Units at The Company. This position offers the right individual a fantastic opportunity to learn & grow as part of an R&D site of a well-respected global leader.
1. Performing month-end closes, including posting journal entries and P&L variance analysis for the new division’s operating units
2. Periodic report preparation, illustrating variances and financial performance for use by senior business management
3. Managing detailed financial information, while being able to quickly, consistently and accurately consolidate, report & interpret such information
4. Periodic financial forecasts for the division’s operating sites
5. Limited invoice coding and problem resolution responsibilities
6. Ad hoc analyses and projects as time permits
Preferred Skills & Experience:
1. A Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics (or similar)
2. 2-4 years of professional experience in an accounting or finance-related role is highly desirable
3. High energy level, commitment to excellence & strong entrepreneurial attitude will be consistent with the Division’s values
4. Previous experience in pharmaceutical, biotechnology or other life sciences organizations a plus
5. Strong SAP, Excel, Word & PowerPoint skills, experience with Business Objects or similar reporting packages and a general ledger environment
6. The ability to work comfortably & effectively in a dynamic environment with moderate supervision
Approx. Duration: 1 year
About Hired By Matrix
For more than 25 years, Hired by Matrix has been providing temporary and long-term contract staffing solutions to Fortune 1,000 as well as mid-market companies nationwide. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, delivery & logistic, business information, financial and entertainment companies. The technology that we support is as diverse as our clients. We provide consultants with experience in mainframe legacy technology all the way to cutting edge technologies, like web and mobile application development. Our consultants are in roles that include Project Managers, Architects, Business analysts, QA, developers and infrastructure & network specialists. At the request of our clients we have broadened our capabilities across a variety of different areas, including: finance and accounting, R&D, clinical sciences and administrative. And as a woman-owned, WBENC-certified business we’ve helped companies grow their Supplier Diversity spend which is certainly a nice added benefit as well.
Our extended network of qualified contract professionals offers nationwide contracting capabilities.
Our dedicated team of account managers and recruiters collaborates closely with each of our clients to understand their staffing needs, corporate requirements and company cultures before building robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals in response.