Senior Project Manager (365246) Newark, New Jersey
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of multi-disciplinary projects that have clear interdependencies. They manage the overall budget, risks and delivery of benefits case relating to the portfolio. They build strong stakeholder relationships with each of the sponsors/accountable executives. They may manage a small team of project managers.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Manages a multi discipline sub-programme/ project, or group of medium to large projects, across all phases of the project life cycle.
• Managed milestones and their interdependencies, including optimizing use of project resources, managing the delivery of business requirements, test execution, implementation, and handover to business.
• Designs and implements a governance structure that works effectively and maximizes efficiency.
• Identifies risks and issues. Mitigates risks with stakeholders and escalates risks and issues to the appropriate responsible party.
• Works with portfolio stakeholder's to define benefits and delivers benefits on time in budget whilst adhering to organizational quality standards.
• Manages communications with the project PSC, and key stakeholders. Also manages communications between other projects through their PM.
• Monitors project financials and ensures finances remain on target and/or escalates issues to the appropriate responsible party.
• Monitors project progress and ensures target project completion dates are met and/or escalates issues to the appropriate responsible party.
• Participates in contract negotiations with vendors and contractors, where appropriate.
• Champions project management principles and techniques, including Continuous Improvement and QMF Lite.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must have Cash and Trade Products knowledge
- Must be PMP certified
- Change Management - Core
- Scope Management - Advanced
- I ntegration Management - Advanced
- Risk Management - Advanced
- Stakeholder Management - Core
- Quality Management - Core
- Solutioning - Advanced
- Business Management - Advanced
- People Management - Advanced
Core - Has a good understanding of the knowledge or skill area and is able to apply it with reasonable effectiveness in the position. Functions fairly independently in the knowledge or skill area, but periodically goes to others for guidance.
Advanced - Has a strong understanding of the knowledge or skill area and is able to apply it very effectively in the position. Seldom needs to ask for others for advice in this area.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.