Financial Control & Risk Mgmt Analyst (377955) Newark, New Jersey
• Assist with the management of the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) within Americas Finance to ensure all areas manage operational risks in a proactive, risk based and disciplined manner.
• Assist the UORM and FORM in governance oversight over operational risk management from an end-to-end basis through the Americas Finance Functional Operational Risk Committee (FORC).
• Help lead the implementation of, and monitor / enforce compliance with, the Financial Control Policies in the Americas.
• Help to ensure that the Financial Control Unit provides a span of control across all of Americas Finance that builds a deep understanding of Operational Risk into the culture of all teams.
• Employ process reengineering techniques to roll out new or revised controls. Identify areas for control improvement and implement changes necessary to heighten the control environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Monitor and enforce compliance with the operational risk management framework in the identification, assessment, mitigation and control, and monitoring of risk.
• Monitor and enforce compliance with the Financial Control Policies and related procedural guidance.
• Ensure that relevant Group and Finance policies are effectively embedded within Americas Finance. Facilitate the implementation of key control indicators (KRI), key control standards (KCS) and related key control self-assessment (KCSA) and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management.
• Analyse and consolidate the Americas Finance OR Profile and relevant loss and risk reporting for Americas FORC, CORC and Group Finance Operational Risk and Controls, and ensure the accuracy and completeness of data.
• Add value to Americas Finance by identifying new and developing risks through reviews at the country level or participating in reviews driven by the Group/Regional Finance level.
• Help lead training efforts to promote (a) risk management and compliance culture within Americas Finance and (b) financial controls within the Americas. Ensure gaps are identified and staffs are suitably trained both on operational risk and compliance and on financial controls.
• Serve as the Information Security Champion (ISC) for Finance to ensure appropriate internal controls are followed for information security. Assist with awareness/education campaigns, measurement of staff behaviour, and other additional activities.
• Serve as the Country Administrator of the Financial Control System (FCS) to ensure reconciliation process is followed and completed timely according to the Financial Control Policy.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
• 3 to 5 years of Operational Risk Management experience at a large bank or financial institution
• High degree of knowledge in Operational Risk Management, including Key Risk Indicators, Key Control Standards, and Key Control Self Assessments and experience in a Financial Controls function, process improvement and reengineering, and project management
• Experience preparing monthly management packs to include organizing and hosting several meetings, preparing meeting minutes for distribution , and follow-up investigations
• Understanding and interpreting company policy to enforce compliance in the group
• Able to interact with all levels of the organization
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, etc)
• Very organized and detail oriented and be able to multitask to complete deliverables and projects
• Flexible and highly motivated
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.