Assistant Production Manager (201003) Swift Current, Canada
Our client, Amberfield Farms, is a highly successful farming business organization that has recently expanded 37% and is looking to more in the future. With our client, you won't be a 'farmhand' – you are a valued employee with a defined place in the organizational structure, developed job description, career path, and training/development. Growth is the expectation not the possibility. So if you are ready to grow both professionally as well as personally we invite you to read further about this Assistant Manager position.
You will be given the autonomy to complete your tasks as assigned. Reporting to the Production Manager directly, your immediate key responsibilities will include:
- Pre-seed, in crop, and pre/post-harvest field scouting and related crop protection recommendations
- Coordination of field operations with other managers during full production schedule
- Completion of soil and tissue testing for management zones and related fertility recommendations
- Crop rotation recommendations
- Maintaining and building business relationships with suppliers, customers, and business partners
- Representing business at meetings, seminars, field days, and Agri-Coach functions
Our client offers a healthy team environment where everyone's input is valued. They are within 30 minutes of a city (Swift Current, SK), offering the benefits of both urban and rural life. You would be offered competitive wages, a comprehensive benefit package for full time team members, full training in all areas, and opportunity for advanced responsibility. All staff are given time to work with your charity of choice, a family environment, and flexibility.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to:
Carolynn Chow, CPC