Senior Systems Engineer (559) Dayton, Ohio
Senior Systems Engineer
Position provides full-time dedicated support to the Aeronautical Systems Center at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
The ASC customer develops acquisition policy and processes for agency procurements, develops direction and guidance for services support in a product-focused division. Provides direct program and acquisition assistance to government program managers, functional leads, and program office staff to comply with direction/guidance. Supports the ASC Commander’s acquisition policy with execution support focusing on acquisition products and developing strategies to successfully develop and deliver winning combat capability.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide technical expertise and advice to Aeronautical Systems Center (ASC)
· Support development of policy and acquisition guidance for a product-focused division
· Support development of acquisition documents required for competitive source selections and assessment of potential suppliers
· Assist in monitoring and evaluating acquisition program planning, risk (technical, cost and schedule), performance and overall progress.
· Monitor and track status of action items and provide status to the government lead. Assist government lead in researching and preparing draft responses to DoD, and Congressional level inquiries and suspense actions.
· Experience of 12 years or more in the areas of systems engineering or related engineering discipline
· Familiarity with the defense acquisition/systems engineering processes and terminology
· Knowledge of ASC services support requirements and operations.
· Self-starter, thrive in a dynamic environment and work well with team members, members of the Senior Executive Service and senior military officers
· Ability to coordinate with both internal and external organizations to accomplish common goals
· Strong written and oral communications skills and proficient in Microsoft Office tools
· Experience with flight or maintenance trainer/simulator systems
· Recognized certification in Engineering or related acquisition specialty
· Operational experience with DoD systems
· Pentagon staff experience
· Experience in Capabilities Based Analysis and requirements generation
· Active Secret (Top Secret highly desirable) Security Clearance and experience working classified information.
MTSI is an equal opportunity employer