Director of Operations - Home Health Care (6138) Niagara Falls, New York
|Salary:||USD85000 - USD90000 per year + Full benefits|
The Director of Operations is essential to the management of the clinical staff and care center operations.
The DOO will assure state and federal regulatory compliance applicable to home health and reimbursement issues is adhered to.
Educate all staff members about state and federal rules and regulations. Act as a liaison between staff, patients, physicians, and other health care providers.
Continually monitors clinical episode management and provide direction/redirection as necessary. Work with all members of the medical community to promote home care services.
Recruit, hire, orient, assign, evaluate and guide staff positions to meet agency and patient needs.
Ensure delivery of quality care to patients, enhancement of business development, and continuous improvement of agency efficiency and fiscal success.
1. Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the company with at least one (1) year supervisory or administrative experience in home health care, hospice care, or related health programs.
2. Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following:
-The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state’s practice law and regulation.
-Nurses must legally reside in a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
3. Minimum of three (3)years’ experience as a registered nurse with one (1) of these years consisting of full-time experience in providing direct patient care in the home health setting.
4. Two (2)years of home health experience preferred.
5. Knowledge of Federal, state, local and ACHC regulations.
6. Valid driver’s license, agency required liability insurance and reliable automobile transportation.
7. Current CPR certification.