Production Support Specialist (BBBH11284) Atlanta, Georgia
Our client creates and programs branded news; entertainment; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world. As a vendor to this well respected company, we aim to provide highly motivated and qualified candidates to meet their long and short-term staffing needs. An opportunity with this client will give you an opportunity to build on your experience and work for a nationally and globally renowned company.
- Hands-on Production Support
- Provide on-site and in person user support for office computer infrastructure systems and desktop PCs, including configuration, installation, problem correction, move (up to 50 lb lift), removal/replacement, or other tasks as necessary to ensure continuation of customer work productivity and/or on-air transmission.
- Record critical information in the internal tracking application in order to
(a) Clearly document the problem, action taken, and end solution for a historical record;
(b) Monitor and update the status of various customer problems at any given time;
(c) Provide a medium through which to share knowledge regarding the evaluation and correction of technical problems with other Production Support professionals; and
(d) Capture data to be used by management and Senior BIT Production Support Specialists regarding problem trends, resolution time, costs, or other metrics.
- Implement an acceptable solution that meets the customer s needs in a timely manner.
- Accurately report and track requests for services through to completion including follow up communication with the customer.
In depth knowledge of HP, MAC/Apple, Dell, Sony and IBM computer configuration and deployment.
- Setup and Configuration of Mobile Devices (Blackberry, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Air Card, BES Server and Active Synch and Air Card).
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard networking protocols, computing operating systems, & LAN/WAN topology.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and standard business applications.
- Setup and configuration of Local/network printers (HP/Dell/Lexmark and Cannon) and remote access for mobile travelers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate with customers, peers, and vendors.
- Excellent customer services skills with attention to detail. Ability to work in a team based environment as a full professional with significant contribution to the department.
- Typically at least 3-5 years in the service and operation of computing hardware and related peripherals.
- Professional certification (e.g., A+) preferred.
- Associate’s degree in electronics, computer science, or a related field (or equivalent education/experience/training).
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer desktop hardware and applications.
Approx. Duration: 6 Months
About Hired By Matrix
For more than 25 years, Hired by Matrix has been providing temporary and long-term contract staffing solutions to Fortune 1,000 as well as mid-market companies nationwide. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, delivery & logistic, business information, financial and entertainment companies. The technology that we support is as diverse as our clients. We provide consultants with experience in mainframe legacy technology all the way to cutting edge technologies, like web and mobile application development. Our consultants are in roles that include Project Managers, Architects, Business analysts, QA, developers and infrastructure & network specialists. At the request of our clients we have broadened our capabilities across a variety of different areas, including: finance and accounting, R&D, clinical sciences and administrative. And as a woman-owned, WBENC-certified business we’ve helped companies grow their Supplier Diversity spend which is certainly a nice added benefit as well.
Our extended network of qualified contract professionals offers nationwide contracting capabilities.
Our dedicated team of account managers and recruiters collaborates closely with each of our clients to understand their staffing needs, corporate requirements and company cultures before building robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals in response.