Staff Accountant (BBBH10701) Boca Raton, Florida
For over 50 years our client has been a Global leader dedicated to advancing fire safety and security by providing innovative ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect people where they live and work. Initially an electronics company, they currently are the industry leaders in providing security systems, fire protection systems as well as life safety products and services. They are also the world's leading maker of industrial valves and controls. Additionally, they manufacture and distribute a wide variety of medical devices and supplies.
Summary: Responsible for assisting in the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and in preparing financial reports. Journal entry preparation and input as well as performing account reconciliations with a high level of complexity. Assist revenue and cost accounting department s. Interact with external and internal auditors on a regular basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reconcile complex general ledger accounts monthly including research and resolution of discrepancies
2. Reconcile sub-ledgers to GL as required.
3. Maintain and enhance financial systems and reporting mechanisms
4. Prepare monthly journal entries and supporting schedules.
5. Participate in month end, quarter end and year end closings.
6. Communicate with team members from other functional areas as well as external sources
7. Comply with Internal controls and best practices, and assist in other accounting projects as requested.
8. Provide information for auditors and other special projects.
This accountant must demonstrate ability in the following areas:
1. Accountability & Drive for Results - Strong customer focus and collaborative skills
2. Change Agent - Ability and readiness to embrace and successfully drive/implement change
3. Functional/technical skills- strong fundamentals in accounting and accounting processes
4. Team player; comfort in operating within a dynamic, complex organizational structure
Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other business related field
1. 5+ years experience in accounting or related field,
2. Must be organized and detail oriented, possess a strong systems background, flexible with working overtime, able to work independently, good oral and written communication skills, and have worked in a large corporate environment.
3. Highly proficient in Excel
4. Comfortable with and able to utilize computer technology
5. Ability to work in a fast paced environment
6. Strong analytical skills
7. Experience with Oracle 11i General Ledger system preferred
Approx. Duration: 1 year
About Hired By Matrix
For more than 25 years, Hired by Matrix has been providing temporary and long-term contract staffing solutions to Fortune 1,000 as well as mid-market companies nationwide. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, delivery & logistic, business information, financial and entertainment companies. The technology that we support is as diverse as our clients. We provide consultants with experience in mainframe legacy technology all the way to cutting edge technologies, like web and mobile application development. Our consultants are in roles that include Project Managers, Architects, Business analysts, QA, developers and infrastructure & network specialists. At the request of our clients we have broadened our capabilities across a variety of different areas, including: finance and accounting, R&D, clinical sciences and administrative. And as a woman-owned, WBENC-certified business we’ve helped companies grow their Supplier Diversity spend which is certainly a nice added benefit as well.
Our extended network of qualified contract professionals offers nationwide contracting capabilities.
Our dedicated team of account managers and recruiters collaborates closely with each of our clients to understand their staffing needs, corporate requirements and company cultures before building robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals in response.