Analyst I (BBBH10804) Clifton Park, New York
For over 50 years our client has been a Global leader dedicated to advancing fire safety and security by providing innovative ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect people where they live and work. Initially an electronics company, they currently are the industry leaders in providing security systems, fire protection systems as well as life safety products and services. They are also the world's leading maker of industrial valves and controls. Additionally, they manufacture and distribute a wide variety of medical devices and supplies.
The IT Analyst is responsible for providing the business and application expertise of SimplexGrinnell's systems used to manage, track, and report on business data in all areas of the organization. This position functions as the liaison between the business users and the technical resources to be the primary person responsible to ensure all application needs are met.
- Obtain a clear understanding of the process and business flow to facilitate the ability to lead suggestions for change and ways to report and use the data in SimplexGrinnell's business systems.
- Develop rapport with staff and their functions in order to be able to draw out requirements for new and existing business systems that will enhance and improve the business flow.
- Responsible for data accuracy and integrity in the system by activities such as auditing and monitoring data, training, and ensuring the right solutions are in place to facilitate accurate data.
- Create and maintain accurate business reports using Crystal Reports and Oracle per user requirements.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of internal software tools using Visual Basic.Net with SQL Server Technology.
- Troubleshoot and report and/or repair application and database problems as they occur including basic database administration to ensure the health and integrity and recoverability of the database.
- Interface with users and conduct meetings as required to gather changes, requirements, and manage software projects. This includes evaluating and recommending vendors per requirements.
- Manage SQL Server with basic database administrator functions.
- Participate in staff training of business systems by the development of training materials and by the presentation of training to staff
2-5 yrs. of Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field or equivalent experience is desired.
- Minimum of three years experience as a Business Analyst, or equivalent role such as application specialist, working with end-users on major business software including experience in gathering and documenting software/business requirements.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Experience in testing, or working with users to test, software changes or reports before release into production required
- Network set up, design and management, LAN/WAN topology, MCSE or equivalent. A+ certification or equivalent, CiscoCCNA very desirable.
- Minimum two years’ experience developing and/or maintaining user reports with a tool such as Crystal or Microsoft Access with a database such as Oracle.
- Minimum two years’ experience with an enterprise database such as SQL Server or Oracle for queries, reports, and basic database administration including creating and maintaining views.
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills, and effective customer service skills required.
- Demonstration of strong computer skills and comfort with technology issues required.
Approx. Duration: 4 months
About Hired By Matrix
For more than 25 years, Hired by Matrix has been providing temporary and long-term contract staffing solutions to Fortune 1,000 as well as mid-market companies nationwide. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, delivery & logistic, business information, financial and entertainment companies. The technology that we support is as diverse as our clients. We provide consultants with experience in mainframe legacy technology all the way to cutting edge technologies, like web and mobile application development. Our consultants are in roles that include Project Managers, Architects, Business analysts, QA, developers and infrastructure & network specialists. At the request of our clients we have broadened our capabilities across a variety of different areas, including: finance and accounting, R&D, clinical sciences and administrative. And as a woman-owned, WBENC-certified business we’ve helped companies grow their Supplier Diversity spend which is certainly a nice added benefit as well.
Our extended network of qualified contract professionals offers nationwide contracting capabilities.
Our dedicated team of account managers and recruiters collaborates closely with each of our clients to understand their staffing needs, corporate requirements and company cultures before building robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals in response.