R&D Packaging Quality Engineer (BBBH11445) Valhalla, New York
The mission of our client is to be the world's premier consumer products company focused on convenient foods and beverages. They seek to provide opportunities for growth and enrichment to our employees, our business partners and the communities in which they operate. And in everything they do, they strive for honesty, fairness and integrity.
This is a leadership position reporting to the Director of Beverage Quality Innovation. The candidate will lead the successful commercialization, qualification and validation of new beverages and technology while ensuring new products and technology innovations are safe, stable, legal, and are launched on time and meet design specifications. You will accomplish this through the effective and efficient collaboration and coordination of a wide array of stakeholders (Product Development, Supply Chain, Procurement, Commercialization, Quality and Technical) as they go through the innovation/commercialization process.
1. Support The Company’s businesses including the Global Nutrition Group in the successful development and commercialization of productivity and CMP initiatives related to existing beverages and beverage platforms.
2. Collaborate with business partners to ensure seamless execution of product, process and package quality throughout the development and commercialization phases.
3. Successfully engage in highly complex problem-solving, for which there may be little precedent.
- Utilize Quality Tools such as Six Sigma, FMEA’s and Risk Assessments to facilitate development activities, identify potential issues/risks and formulate mitigation steps prior to commercialization.
- Lead in-plant testing and qualification activities. Write and modify qualification protocols to adapt to technological risk and speed to market demands.
Develop and implement quality systems including Manufacturing Control Plans and supporting Quality documents associated with new product launches and technology initiatives.
- Define/plan/execute Quality programs to meet the short and long-term strategic needs of the business.
- Ensure your project teams are meeting all mandatory quality requirements throughout the Stage Gate process from Feasibility through Execution.
- Identify/develop/implement HACCP plans and Allergen requirements including storage, handling, sanitation and training.
- Ensure regulatory and microbiological requirements/challenge testing are identified and completed, along with shelf life and stability testing.
- Use appropriate statistical methods to define process capability for the new beverage on existing or new equipment, process capability for existing beverages on new equipment and along the supply chain in order to identify material variability, and manufacturing and/or process gaps.
- Review assessments of company-owned, co-packer, warehouse and vendor facilities to ensure compliance to established procedures, requirements and specifications for new products prior to launch.
Packages system implementation
Policies & Procedures Manuel
Plant/Equipment Project Management
Essential Job Requirements:
- B.S. with minimum 10 years demonstrated success in Quality Assurance and/or Packaging R&D/technical background.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Packaging Development role.
- 5 – 10+ years in depth experience in one of The Company’s key packaging platforms (PET bottles/pre-forms, HDPE bottles, cans, closures, labels or cartons/carriers/containers).
- Knowledge and experience in beverage processes including hot fill, high/low acid aseptic, dairy and retorting preferred.
- Demonstrated skills and practice of Six Sigma/statistics and process capability/FMEA.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, CQV a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to identify critical data and distill into business-focused technical recommendations.
- Demonstrated self-starter, with ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively in cross-functional teams with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with cross functional partners.
- Excellent leadership and influence management skills.
- Ability to work effectively and manage risk in a fast paced environment with ambiguity and change.
- Solid interpersonal skills in listening, coaching and communicating with integrity.
- Demonstrated skills in managing conflict and using data to drive decisions, even when unpopular.
- Mentor and manage the development of Quality professionals.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, knowledge of troubleshooting tools / techniques desired.
- Ability to communication effectively across all levels of the organization.
- 30-50% travel required.
Approx. Duration: 8 months
About Hired By Matrix
For more than 25 years, Hired by Matrix has been providing temporary and long-term contract staffing solutions to Fortune 1,000 as well as mid-market companies nationwide. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, delivery & logistic, business information, financial and entertainment companies. The technology that we support is as diverse as our clients. We provide consultants with experience in mainframe legacy technology all the way to cutting edge technologies, like web and mobile application development. Our consultants are in roles that include Project Managers, Architects, Business analysts, QA, developers and infrastructure & network specialists. At the request of our clients we have broadened our capabilities across a variety of different areas, including: finance and accounting, R&D, clinical sciences and administrative. And as a woman-owned, WBENC-certified business we’ve helped companies grow their Supplier Diversity spend which is certainly a nice added benefit as well.
Our extended network of qualified contract professionals offers nationwide contracting capabilities.
Our dedicated team of account managers and recruiters collaborates closely with each of our clients to understand their staffing needs, corporate requirements and company cultures before building robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals in response.