Application Developer (HA-12377040) Boston, Massachusetts
A leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading is looking to bring on a talented mid-level application developer. A successful candidate must be able to do more than write effective code, you must also be a strong communicator and problem solver to work closely and effectively with Passive Equity Portfolio Managers. This person will have the opportunity to work closely with, and learn, the equities and portfolio construction business.
- Develop and support VB.NET front-end, Java back-end code for a portfolio construction system.
- Integrate with Oracle and Sybase databases.
- Interact with Portfolio Managers to understand and support their workflow needs.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years investment management industry
- 2+ years .NET for front end, core Java
- 2+ years RDBMS (Oracle, Sybase)
- Exposure to portfolio construction systems and passive investing a strong asset
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Outgoing, “get-it-done” attitude
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please apply here or call Zach at Huxley 212-707-8501. Thanks and Happy Holidays!