Credit Analyst (363959) New York, New York
• Primarily responsible for assessing, managing and monitoring the credit risk associated with the assigned accounts.
• Closely work with the GAM & credit from pre-screening, credit analysis, as well as continuously monitor the client's financial performance and associated risks. He/she would be able to provide an independent assessment from a credit / policy perspective.
• Every CA will be assigned to specific account(s) instead of being aligned to a specific GAM portfolio
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Interact with GAM/CCM-G to gather deal requirements, financial statements and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence.
• Responsible for the credit risk aspects of the Group Mandate/US FAM BCA (new/renewal/amendment/review date extensions) process such as preparing ESRAT, Scorecard, in-depth industry, business & financial risk analysis and related mitigants
• Preparing the credit aspects of the Account Plan
• GCC Coordination (obtaining date) if required for any group mandate.
• Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies e.g. preparing the Country portfolio standard checklist, Temasek check, other special reporting requirements, etc.
Post Deal Account monitoring
• Monitor Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and ad hoc credit reports appropriately - preparing reports, escalation, and take actions to GAM/Risk, as per policy/procedure.
• Ensure receipt of Quarterly/Annual/Interim Financials for private clients (non-publicly traded) from GAM
• Ensure Zero BCA over dues i.e. file an extension if required.
• Liaise with Credit on BCA and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on queries.
• Alerting / Escalating the issue to the GAM/CCM-G & other stakeholders in case any of the Credit Approval conditions in the Group Mandate/US FAM BCA have not been complied with within stipulated timelines
• Conducting Factory Inspection & preparing Inspection Reports (CTA/LC specific)
• Preparing the call report on credit/risk related discussions if the CA attended the meeting.
• In partnership with the GAM, ensure timely identification of accounts to be put in EAR/ASTAR as per the bank's policies and guidelines
• Preparing the EAR/ASTAR/Adverse news report note based on their own research and inputs from GAM and circulation to relevant stakeholders as per policy/procedure.
• Attend EAR/Portfolio meetings calls along with the GAMs
• Coordinating internal/external audits
• Attending CAT meeting - CTA Specific
• Prepare timely Stress Tests (wherever required or requested by GAM/Risk/Management).
• Prepare specific industry study
• Prepare Credit Opinion reports wherever required.
• Participation in the Business Continuity Planning Testing Process
Qualifications & Skills
• Educational background in accounting and/or knowledge of accounting
• Knowledge of U.S. financial markets and financial industries including banking, broker-dealer, and insurance industries
• Knowledge of U.S. regulatory environment
• Two to six years of experience in credit analysis of U.S. entities, preferably U.S. banks, broker-dealers, insurance companies, and finance companies
• Responsive team player
• Analytical skills including skill to identify and analyze key risks and mitigants.
• Ability to conduct industry research and analysis, counterparty ratio analysis, and stress testing, among others.
• Ability to independently work on assigned accounts.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.