Service Technician 5 - Thief River Falls, MN (PCK537-5016) Thief River Falls, Minnesota
Job ID: 1729 Position Description: Minnesota Energy Resources, a subsidiary of Integrys Energy Group, is currently recruiting for a Service Technician 5 for our office in Thief River Falls, Minnesota. This position reports to the Operations Supervisor.
- Locate gas distribution lines within specified time period; mark specific location of underground gas lines with paint, flags and/or stakes; perform odorometer test, periodic inspections and other gas related duties as assigned.
- Service and repair domestic and commercial appliances and promote non regulated appliance repair services.
- Respond to and investigate gas leak and carbon monoxide calls; inspect customer's premises and equipment for safe operation.
- Perform general customer service activity including, but not limited to, turn ons and turn offs, removal and replacement of meters, relight appliances, conduct appliance inspections, collect unpaid bills, meter routines and site pressure tests as needed.
- Read meters and other gas distribution related duties as assigned; complete necessary paperwork.
- Required to become and remain OQ qualified under DOT regulations.
- Required to be on call on a rotating basis.
Position Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED/HSED.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Technical degree in Appliance Repair, HVAC, and/or Natural Gas Distribution preferred.
- HVAC or Appliance Repair Certification preferred.
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. (NYSE: TEG) is a Fortune 1,000 company focused on delivering energy and related services to more than 2 million customers in the U.S. Our subsidiaries, with nearly 5,000 employees, are creating a premier and growing energy company. We have exciting career opportunities that will reward energetic people who help us meet the challenge!
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested candidates must apply online at www.integrysgroup.com no later than June 5, 2013. Integrys reserves the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified candidates, including minorities, women, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.