Engineering Workflow Specialist (LON-TC-007) London, Canada
The Engineering Workflow Specialist is a key position in the management of the design information needed by the supply chain and manufacturing teams to produce the Zoetis line of hatchery automation equipment. This position is responsible for the compiling, release and revision control of drawings, bills of material, product specifications, etc. throughout the product life cycle, from development through obsolescence.
- Manage the release and revision of drawings, bills of material, product specifications, standard operating procedures, etc.
- Prepare bills of Material (BOM’s) and load them into the ERP system.
- Facilitate implementation discussions for releases and changes among the various operating groups (Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Planning, etc.).
- Serve as the Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) facilitator for the London, ON site, and as PLM backup for the home office in Durham, NC.
- Maintain the drawing vault (PDM) and revision control systems.
- Write SOP’s as required.
- Perform other engineering tasks as the production schedule demands or as available time allows.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical college graduate in Engineering or CAD. Non-technical individuals with demonstrated experience in engineering documentation or PLM may be considered.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years in automation or related industries with balanced experience in design and document release and revision.
- Proficiency with Solidworks 3d mechanical CAD software. Solidworks Electric or similar 3d electrical modeling software is a plus.
- Proficiency with ERP, preferably JD Edwards, for item and BOM generation and maintenance.
- Product Life Cycle software, such as Arena or Agile, is highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills, influencing and leading, facilitation and team work capabilities
- Some travel to the home office in Durham, NC and customer facilities is required
Zoetis, London welcomes and encourages people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.