Senior Buyer/Planner (LON-TC-002) London, Canada
The Senior Buyer/Planner is a member of the Procurement and Inventory team at Zoetis Global BioDevices.
The role will work with our Operations team to establish a secure supply chain for complex components and assemblies in a highly customized product offering. It will also develop strategic sourcing strategies, driving globalization of sourced products, reducing cost through various materials lead-time and cost reduction strategies and ensuring high service level for both manufacturing operations and field service parts.
This position is located in London, Ontario
- Analyze MRP data to ensure appropriate stocking levels are achieved.
- Participate in engineering change process, transition management, support on analyzing BOM usage accuracy, and knowledge of technical specification / mechanical & electrical drawings.
- Work with distribution to monitor usage rates and quality issues, as well as analyzing and adjusting safety stock levels as needed to optimize material flow.
- Maintain all master data within MRP and purchasing system.
- Work with Manufacturing and Inventory leads to determine appropriate inventory levels.
- Generate a “buy” plan, including all materials required to support the production plan.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the JDE MRP system, planning, purchasing and quality applications.
- Support the development and implementation of sourcing strategies, support manufacturing operations, and negotiate contracts and supply agreements.
- Ensure suppliers meet quality requirements and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Continuously improve the performance of the materials supply base.
- Execute purchase orders to support the MRP plan with suppliers.
- Forecast supply vulnerabilities and implement plans to insure continuity.
- Manage commercial relationships to ensure reliable supply
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or related area preferred
- CPIM or CSCM designation desired
- 8+ years experience in purchasing, planning, materials management, manufacturing, or relevant technical/analytical discipline
- Experience in the custom fabrication and/or electronics industry
- Experience in third party manufacturing supplier management
- Demonstrated experience working with all functional areas and
- Demonstrated skills in time management, conflict resolution, negotiation, project management and organization
- Organizational Agility, Process Management, Planning Accurately, Knowledge of procurement contracts and related laws
- Solid understanding of analytical measurement tools as well as an understanding of accounting and financial analysis
- Demonstrated experience with integrated Purchasing Systems (JDE, Oracle, SAP, etc); and demonstrated computer skills with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong sourcing, negotiation, and contracting skills with demonstrated success in managing complex supplier relationships
- Experience managing supplier productivity and working with suppliers for value creation
- Ability to lead commodity teams and manage agreement implementations in a complex environment
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, financial reporting, and legal aspects of procurement