Logistics Assistant - BioDevice Supply Chain (CA-TC-087) London, Canada
Logistics Assistant - BioDevice Supply Chain
This entry level position reports directly into the Senior Manager Global Logistics.
The primary function of this position is to provide support for the Inventory and Logistics functions within the Zoetis BioDecive Supply Chain. The individual in this position will be responsible for understanding and being able to execute the basic functions associated with Inventory and Logistics daily operations. He/She will work closely with other inventory and logistics team members to execute the daily task of the group. The ideal candidate will have basic experience in inventory operations or shipping and receiving operations.
This position will be located in London, Ontario and is a member of the Inventory and Logistics team.
- Accept deliveries from various carriers and makes initial inspection of condition of the packages.
- Participate in pulling and issuing of global machine work orders, site carts, and customer service orders to ensure timely delivery in support of device forecasts and demands.
- Maintain close communication with Manufacturing, Customer Service and Device R&D/Engineering to ensure timely issuance of desired parts/sub-assemblies.
- Perform cycle counts of stock materials.
- Process outbound domestic shipments including all necessary documentation.
- Use basic Bar Code technology to out away parts and issue work orders.
- Communicate daily with all Device Operations and Engineering departments to ensure proper receipt of all materials.
- Open packages, remove packing slips and check for PO Number and identify order type.
- Inspect, count or weigh material against P/L.
- Access JDE and enter appropriate order type and identify level of inventory order.
- Issue basic WC orders out of JDE.
- Process inventory receipt register through JDE.
- Deliver properly received materials to appropriate areas.
- Proficient at operating standard warehouse equipment including pallet jack, motorized walking units, material elevator system, dock doors, dock levelers, etc.
- Follow all SOP’s and work instructions for the inventory and logistics group
- Maintain safe work environment
- Participate in the organizing, cleaning and maintaining of all warehouse areas
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- HS diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years shipping/receiving experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office systems including Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Highest personal and professional standards of conduct
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal customers and external suppliers verbally and in writing
- Basic experience working with JD Edwards
- Basic Knowledge and experience in working with the Fed Ex Café System
- English is a much, Spanish is a plus
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while working
Work environment is primarily a shipping and receiving dock area, warehouse area and office cubicle. This position will require standing and lifting (up to 100 lbs) throughout the day.