Business Analyst (97920BR) Toronto, Canada
A candidate required to work across the Equties Cash Front and Middle office trading technology suite. They will join the Cash Europe BA/PM team which consists of flow engineers with in-depth knowledge of the business and IT systems. This is a highly regarded team who add value to complex cross-system and sometimes cross-business projects.
The role emphasis is on analysis with some project management and is an ideal platform if you are looking to gain further experience in both disciplines. Knowledge of European equity cash markets would be beneficial.
This role offers the opportunity to gain experience of the full front to back system flows in both Cash Equities and on occasion will cross over into other areas, for example FX. The candidate should be an excellent communicator with prior experience and a sound analytical background with the ability to problem solve. They will be required to work closely with in-house application developers, outsourced development teams, various trading desks and Equity Business Management. They will also be required to determine success criteria and testing requirements for all rollouts, working closely with the quality assurance team.
The production of project documentation covering feasibility, scope, requirements and use cases will be required in most initiatives.
The Cash Execution team has an aggressive rollout schedule to meet the challenges of the rapidly changing trading environment. As a result the successful applicant will have a strong focus on delivery to the business, working to tight deadlines.
MSc / BSc Computer Science
• Ensure that the analysis, development, testing and implementation are top-quality - it is essential that robust, automated and scaleable solutions are provided as this hits the bottom line and impacts the bank’s image in the eyes of external clients.
• Control risks and costs within own area (e.g. by using time and resources cost-effectively).
• Business analysis/requirements capture and documentation including Business Requirement Specifications, Use Cases and Data Modelling Financial background, Derivatives preferably Equities with order management experience
• Test planning/testing
• Verbal communication and presentation skills
• Performed the Business Analyst role on large-scale, multi-user system developments N/A
• Strong problem solving skills
• Previous experience in order execution lifecycle desirable
• Knowledge of electronic trading an advantage
• Appreciation of the issues in testing and delivering complex IT solutions
• Knowledge of front to middle-office processing an advantage.
• Identify user requirements by working with a number of key individuals from the business and IT, producing high-level business requirements and liaising with development to take these through to a detailed functional specification.
• Contribute to projects being on schedule and meeting client needs.
• Manage business testing through the quality assurance team for key projects.
• Manage client expectations.
• Build relationships and communicate effectively with both IT and business.
• Keep colleagues informed of developments; work collaboratively.
• Experience of being an effective team player is critical
• Business Qualifications – eg CFA, FSA exams, MBA all desirable but not essential
• Previous experience in a Financial Services company dealing with both Front and Middle Office processes desirable but not essential.
• Knowledge of order/execution life-cycle and electronic trading an advantage.
• English, European languages desirable