Core Eval Specialist I (35811) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Test and analyze geological samples, crude oil, or petroleum products to detect presence of petroleum, gas, or mineral deposits indicating potential for exploration and/or production per customer requirements and protocol.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
- Using established industry protocols, test and analyze samples in order to determine their characteristics, using laboratory apparatus and testing equipment.
- Prepare solid and fluid samples for analysis
- Assemble, operate, and maintain laboratory testing, measuring, and mechanical equipment
- Compile and record testing and operational data for review and further analysis.
- Adjust and repair testing, electrical, and mechanical equipment and devices.
- Perform daily tasks in a timely manner.
- Meet all daily and monthly production requirements.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of computer systems, mainly Excel
- Ability to verbally communicate well with all levels of employees
- Must be able to follow written protocols
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
BS Degree in Geology or related field