Reliability Manager (RE-12454007) San Jose, California
|Salary:||USD110000 - USD150000 per annum + depending on experience|
The Manager Reliability Engineering directs and manages the activities of reliability engineering group. Manages and coordinates the activities of the group, including schedule, costs, methods, and staffing with responsibility for results. Responsible for guiding engineering project teams in the execution of tasks to complete projects within boundaries established by Business Unit management, and helps to establish those boundaries. Evaluates development schedules and monitors project progress to ensure timely completion of tasks. Determines reliability program strategies and reliability test methodologies for components, subsystems and systems. Uses independent judgment to assess project technical status and determine the means to overcome technical problems. Establishes direction for new projects and is expected to set project goals through knowledge of Business Unit plans and goals.
- Guides the conception and planning for product development projects of any size and complexity. Develops new methodologies to achieve design goals, and applies standard management techniques to achieve project goals. Works proactively with Marketing, Operations, Service and other Research and Technology Development groups to achieve desired integrated design goals.
- Interprets and evaluates experimental results to identify potential failures and aid in design solutions. Participates in technical decisions affecting product systems or subsystems within area of expertise and understands the impact of decisions outside of area of expertise. Demonstrates ability to "multi-task" and work with conflicting design demands. Demonstrates ability to foresee problems rather than simply react to them.
- Determines resource needs for new product development and existing product support and assigns personnel as appropriate. Ensures that department personnel have clearly defined tasks and goals. Meets with personnel on a regular basis to facilitate two-way communication on project goals and status. Consistently shows ability to guide and develop subordinates. Exercises responsibility for employee coaching, mentoring, training, development, and motivating supervised employees.
- Guides activities to improve process capability within functional group. Establishes standards for department and determines appropriate use of tools and methods. Coordinates the introduction of new methods, tools, technologies and processes within the group. Ensures that department staff is adequately trained in all applicable practices.
- Evaluates and promotes technical quality and reliability of designs. Schedules and attends technical reviews. Ensures appropriate design solutions are achieved, recommends modifications or alternatives as appropriate. Evaluates and approves the reliability of design solutions for product development.
- Determines risk associated with particular design directions and evaluates impact on projects. Develops and recommends alternative courses of action when necessary. Evaluates scope of work for project tasks and reviews or establishes schedules. Determines reliability design requirements and design decisions for long-term reliability performance.
- Reviews new product concepts and results of feasibility and viability studies at project review meetings and in meetings with Business Unit management. Demonstrates ability to clearly communicate ideas throughout the organization. Provides advice and expertise throughout organization to achieve system design intent. Initiates interaction with other departments to maintain open information channels and to facilitate the transfer of project information and technology. Interacts with multifunctional product development teams and develops expertise recognized throughout the organization.
- Is a project management specialist as evidenced by the demonstrated ability to concurrently manage multiple complex projects. Provides project management guidance and instruction to R&D personnel and others, as required. Directs project teams in reliability problem resolution for products of interest to the Business Unit.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional Reliability Engineering experience required
- Engineering managerial and leadership experience required
- American Society of Quality Certified Reliability Engineer required
- Proficient with reliability tools such as Reliasoft, Relex, and/or Minitab
- Knowledge of Flow Cytometry, including instrument platforms and software applications.
- Knowledge of immunology, hematology and/or clinical chemistry in the clinical, research or pharmaceutical environment.
- Experience with blood-work testing.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Effective supervisory and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and grow an effective Reliability Engineering team.
- Ability to manage complex system projects from concept to shipment.
- Effective organization and planning skills.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective team building skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to commit to assigned tasks.
- Effective goal setting skills.
- Effective meeting and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures.
- Effective multi tasking capabilities, including managing reliability programs simultaneously on new R&D projects
- Provide engineering input for new designs to ensure reliable and robust products.
- Responsible for the successful completion of reliability deliverables into the company’s Product Development Process
- Effective engineering analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with statistical concepts and analysis to generate results for design recommendations and decisions.
- Knowledge of advanced reliability concepts and methodologies.
- Experienced with managing, leading, and implementing reliability program strategies for new product development.
- Knowledge of and adherence to safety procedures and programs.