Program Manager (RE-12449335) Milpitas, California
|Salary:||USD140000 - USD155000 per annum + generous bonus|
Program Manager, Advanced Engineering - NPI, R&D, Operations
This position is responsible to ensure that DFx requirements are properly formulated and integrated into project documentation. Develops business justification for chosen targets, provides original design content or facilitates others to find solutions to DFx targets. Assesses product design and performance relative to targets.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Responsible for managing people responsible for programs or projects involving department or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a product through the design process and into a finished state for external customers. Plans and directs schedules. Monitors the program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customers on technical matters. Organizes interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the program/project on schedule and within budget constraints. Assigns and monitors work of program staff, providing technical support and direction.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Develop, establish and maintain operational and financial objectives within their assigned program.
2. Responsible for the activities to manufacture product to design requirements, FDA guidelines and operating procedures.
3. Driven by and understanding of schedules, quality, and costs.
4. Develop key performance indices, set goals and develop plans for continuous improvement in quality, cost, employee performance, and maintains a high level of employee safety.
5. Manage financial costs and look for cost effective solutions.
6. Develop a high performance team.
7. Advise and assist the DVP in general areas of operations.
8. Assist in audits of potential contract suppliers and manufacturers.
9. Participate in new product design and development reviews and design control activities affecting manufacturing.
10. Maintain process methodologies and equipment used in manufacturing.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
Recruits, coaches and develops organizational talent. Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives. Creates an entrepreneurial environment. Provides direction and guidance to exempt specialists and/or supervisory staff who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments. May supervise non-exempt employees. Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action. Demonstrates effective change leadership. Builds strategic partnerships to further departmental and organizational objectives. Develops and executes organizational and operational policies that affect one or more groups by utilizing technical/professional knowledge and skills. Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with FDA, ISO, EEO regulations, etc.). Makes decisions regarding work processes or operational plans and schedules in order to achieve department objectives. May develop, monitor and appropriately adjust the annual budget for department.
• Experience with implementing DFx methodologies and educating others a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate a vision for the organizational unit assigned.
• Experience with medical capital equipment products preferred.
• Command of PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) a plus.
• Experience with voice of the business and working with cross functional groups such as R&D, Marketing, Clinical, Regulatory or Quality desired.
• Able to provide direction and monitor progress of exempt level specialists and/or supervisory staff toward departmental goals.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results without direct authority.
• Able to monitor project costs of human and material resources within assigned scope; monitors company-wide indicators such as market share and profitability; monitors external environment in area of technical or professional responsibility.
• Able to perform the role in a rigorous quality system environment.
Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced Degree preferred.