ROUTE SUPERVISOR A (AE7037370F) Dallas, Texas
Total responsibility for product delivery to customers in the most efficient and safest manner possible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Hire, train, and supervise delivery employees.
2. Prepare performance reviews in a timely manner.
3. Exercises safety precautions and assists in training employees to do the same.
4. Prepare monthly estimates.
- Maintain driver files.
- Investigates all driver accidents and files proper paperwork.
- Establishes or assists route controller in most efficient routing of trucks.
- Ensures special deliveries are made promptly and efficiently.
- Ensures product is delivered on a timely basis.
- Monitors maintenance and repairs on vehicles.
- Periodically checks with customers on proper merchandising.
- Coordinates delivery of product for new accounts with management.
- Resolves delivery problems with customers.
- Check drivers in as necessary.
- Utilizes route reports as a tool to develop cost effective routes.
- Monitors junk ice returns and follow-up with same.
- Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
- Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
Excellent decision making abilities and judgment are required. Must be able to respond to non-routine situations with promptness and use of good business judgment. Errors could be lost customers, excessive repair costs on vehicles, overtime costs due to poor scheduling. This job is diverse and complex due to the number of duties and situations which must be handled.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities for all delivery personnel including truck mechanics in some plan.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma with the ability to do basic math and complete paperwork. Must have some experience in route sales, delivery and supervision. Must have good driving record and valid CDL drivers license.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Normal office conditions with time spent on leading dock and periodically running a route. Some heavy lifting required if loading the truck on a delivery route. Hazards include working around moving equipment (trucks and forklifts) and travel hazards if on route. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.