PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN (AA9D01F745) Richmond, Virginia
JOB TITLE: Automated Production Technician
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the safe operation and sanitation of high speed production equipment and associated support equipment such as metal in product detectors, film wrappers, conveyors etc. In addition the production technician must be willing & able to:
- Perform product & size changeovers.
- Complete daily production & quality logs.
- Keep work area neat and orderly.
- Carry out daily & weekly maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Assist plant engineers and mechanics in completing higher level maintenance tasks.
- Requires minimal supervision.
- Exercises personal initiative, diligence and efficiency.
- Adheres to safe work practices.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness necessary to support manufacturing operations.
- Ability to read, write & use general communication skills.
- Understands basic hand tools.
- Demonstrates safe tool practices.
- Ability to learn and understand machine operation including major components and how these components are integrated into a fully functional machine.
- Ability to troubleshoot & remedy basic operational problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Conditions vary from office conditions to areas inside and outside of plant. Exposure to extreme temperature fluctuations, electrical hazards, ammonia and heavy moving equipment. The job requires working nights and weekends as directed. While performing the duties of this job, the technician is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee will be required to stand, walk, and lift objects that weigh from 15 pounds to over 50 pounds on a daily basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.