CREDIT & RISK ANALYST (A14483B1CA) Dallas, Texas
This role’s primary purpose is to reduce Reddy Ice customer debt liability/risk through the stringent review and application of appropriate credit limits. This will minimize the financial exposure of Reddy Ice and ensure consistent analysis of customer’s ability to pay.
Responsible for a full range of activities which ensures operational effectiveness and performance excellence for the Accounts Receivable team. The individual will document workflow, making appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness. Will also track the Transactional team’s performance thru metrics, the analysis of trends and working capital measures, and thru these measures identify gaps within the processes and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact the organization. The individual is responsible for suggesting and tracking continuous improvement initiatives associated with the Accounts Receivable. He/she will also be the primary contact for assessing all processes for efficiencies, suggesting changes to improve metrics and targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare Monthly Scorecard, evaluate relevant targets/metrics
- Analyze working Capital initiatives and impact on business
- Generate Ad-hoc reporting
- Track Trends in all key process areas
- Benchmark process – evaluate areas of opportunity and create plans to achieve increased performance, productivity and effectiveness in services provided
- Statistical analysis
- Support the Accounts Receivable Department (Cash Applications, Credit, Collections, Customer Service, EDI etc.,) with their reporting requirements to ensure accurate and timely reporting to all levels of the organization.
- Work with local and regional staff to secure accurate and completed credit applications
- Solicit bank and trade reference information from the supplied sources and / or credit reporting agencies.
- Prepare the credit file for review and approval by the Credit / A/R Manager
- Track all credit applications through the review process.
- Analyze and interpret reporting information to make recommendations that reduce financial risk for Reddy Ice.
- Reduce bad debts and ensure that risk is minimized by monitoring and recommending credit exposure for Reddy Ice.
- Developing and implementing customer focused strategy for the credit and risk area.
- Project Management:
- Creative and forward thinking as it relates to new ideas, additional reporting options, analysis of existing reports, etc.,
- Creates and execute project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Liaison between auditors and transitional processing team
- Handle audit requests and ensure requested backup is provided within deadlines
- Manage ongoing communications between team and audit groups
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 4-6 years of experience in accounting/credit/reporting
- Six Sigma experience is beneficial
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power point, Access
- AS400; knowledge of queries (plus)
- Strong financial and accounting background – ability to analyze financial data and assess business impacts of initiatives
- General knowledge of practices for creating and delivering reports from large relational database management systems
- Proven ability to work independently, cooperatively as a member of a team and to coordinate efforts and collaborate with a variety of individuals
- Proven ability to work sensitively with individuals from diverse cultures, ethnicities, communities, and backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills to establish priorities, work in a team context, and manage multiple activities to meet unit, campus, and system wide deadlines
- Proven ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills
- Strong communications skills – written and oral
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Normal office condition and hours