Delivery Driver-Seasonal (A50DD01F68) Austin, Texas
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct to store delivery of Reddy Ice products. Full cycle includes loading the truck, delivering and merchandising products at each location, and completing transaction paperwork, in a fast, friendly, customer service oriented industry.
- Supervise and train helper while on the route.
- Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school education with ability to read, write and do basic math.
- Current CDL A.
- Must have good driving record and valid license and be able to pass a DOT, criminal and drug background check.
- Must have at least two years experience local delivery experience in a commercial vehicle.
- Must be available to work weekends, nights and holidays as required. Schedules can include days that are 10-12 hours long
- Must be able to lift and carry 60 + lbs., plus move dolly with approximate weight of 500 lbs. Work is very labor intensive and involves unloading PALLETS of BAGS of ICE and stocking them in a cooler at each customer site. Normally, a route involves 18 + stops per day.
- The ability to work outdoors in various types of weather as well as indoors in freezing ice vaults.
- Forklift experience is beneficial.
- Most importantly, an ability to demonstrate a strong customer service orientation and effectively interact with others. Must have good communications skills, a neat appearance, and be prompt.