RISK MANAGEMENT ADMIN ASSISTANT (ACBE5BC55B) Dallas, Texas
JOB TITLE: Environmental Health & Safety Compliance Assistant
JOB CODE: 074
LOCATION NUMBER: 982
REPORTS TO: Director of EHS
Administers/monitors various compliance programs in support of EHS and company goals. Provides administrative and clerical support to the EHS department by working on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serves as main contact between company and selected Driver Qualification File vendor.
2. Monitors DQ file compliance. Provides support and training to all locations regarding Driver Qualifications Files and all other FMCSA related compliance requirements.
3. Administers FMCSA mandated Random Drug & Alcohol testing program in connection with selected vendors. Ensures the company maintains full compliance with all applicable drug and alcohol testing regulations.
- Creates, edits and distributes Monthly EHS Safety Newsletter.
- Creates, edits Power Point and other media training materials covering FMCSA and assigned areas of compliance.
- Monitors Company Carrier Profile, identifies cited drivers assigned locations. Notifies management and HR of repeat offenders
- Monitors and ensure compliance with on-line training for HACCP, Reasonable Suspicion and other assigned topics.
- Monitors Roadside Inspection process/results. Administers and controls Zero Defect inspection recognition program.
- Monitors departmental budget for compliance. Advises director regarding potential irregularities and department members compliance to budgetary constraints.
- Reviews EVERY MVR to ensure employees with driving priviledges meet minimum standards
- Submits requests and processes all requests for Certificate of Insurances.
- Assist the Risk Manager with day to day responsibilities.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of EHS and Corporate Risk Manager
- Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
- Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
- Assists in investigating claims against the Company for General liability, Vehicle and Workers’ Compensation loss or damages. Recommends with approval revisions in case reserves in assigned claims files to cover probable costs. Assists in preparing loss experience reports. Attends litigation hearings and claims reviews.
Internal: Interacts with plant, route and office managers, Area Risk Managers and Director of Compliance. Works regularly with Area Vice Presidents, Area Accounting managers and members of the HR & EHS Departments.
External: Interacts with service providers, may request information but may not place orders or request for pricing.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or two to four years related experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Computer skills include proficieny in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Publisher, ADP, and SharePoint. Ability to trouble shoot computer issues and office equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.