ISB – Refrigeration Technician (ACA8D85B01) Uvalde, Texas
|Salary:||USD12 - USD15 per year|
Responsible for repair and service to all ice merchandisers as directed by supervisor. Service repair and installation of commercial icemakers at customer locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Repair and service ice merchandisers as requested.
2. Pick up and delivery of ice merchandisers per work order.
3. Repair, install, and service Easy Ice machines in commercial locations.
4. Maintain parts and supplies inventory and order/pickup as needed.
5. Organize and repair merchandiser units in plant.
6. Keep refrigeration repair area neat and clean.
7. Assist ISB department with refrigeration/PM cleaning.
8. Build and maintain merchandiser PM program.
9. Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
10. Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
Exercise good judgment in determining repairs and service necessary to maintain ice merchandisers and Easy Ice equipment. May have indirect profit impact if merchandisers are out of service and/or ice machines are not serviced properly.
No supervisory responsibilities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school education with ability to complete paperwork. Three to four years education and/or experience in electrical, refrigeration, and icemaker repairs. Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work environment varies from in customer’s facility to plant repair shop. Exposure to travel hazards to and from accounts; electrical and mechanical equipment; possible use of paint. Some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling required; units on top of box approximately 150 lbs. and must be able to move merchandisers with proper equipment (700 – 800 lbs). Weather exposure when working outside. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.