PLANT ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN - Plant Engineer - Davie FL (ADD322C3EB) Davie, Florida
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation and condition of all equipment at assigned location and/or maintenance facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all personnel have been trained and adhere to all safety policies. (i.e.: Lockout\Tagout, Hazcom, PSM and Forklift safety)
- Maintain the plants PSM\RMP and HACCP programs.
- Maintain Preventive Maintenance program and make updates as technology changes.
- Responsible for the department’s monthly expenditures and CAPEX projects.
- Trouble shooting problems with subordinates while teaching safety and proper procedures.
- Make adjustments and repairs to equipment.
- Budget planning and project estimating on an annual basis.
- Incident commander in the event of Hazmat leak or spill.
- Planning and scheduling of department personnel.
- Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
- Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
Internal: Works with Zone Engineer, Plant Manager, Manufacturing and Processing Employees.
External: Outside contact when ordering and picking up supplies, or working special event.
Must be able to maintain equipment so production needs can be met, recognize routine equipment problems and present solutions that will promote efficiency and safety.
Has a direct supervisory responsibility for engineering staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must have valid drivers license and good driving record if using company vehicle for picking up parts.
Completed Ammonia refrigeration course as prescribed in the manufacturing employees training manual.
EPA Certification is preferred.
HVAC experience is a must.
Strong Electrical background & experience.
Must have three years experience in general maintenance and a solid understanding of motors, relays and drive equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Exposure to fluctuating temperatures in various departments. Office and Plant environment. Some heavy lifting required, 50# plus. Must be able to be fit test for Respirator and SCBA. Some physical work is required in this position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.