Credit & Collection Supervisor (A434ECC233) Dallas, Texas
|Salary:||USD31 - USD50000 per year|
Reduce Reddy Ice customer debt liability/risk through the stringent review and application of appropriate credit limits and the establishment and implementation of a credit and risk policy and strategy.
Supervise the corporate accounts receivable collection function. Provide direct supervision, coaching, workflow coordination and monitoring for all AR collection employees. Ensure customer accounts are collected in a timely manner within the terms offered. Provide customers with timely and accurate records of balances due, timely resolution of disputed items, and overall superior customer service. Produce regular written reports showing the status of customer's balances, individual collector's activities and status, key performance measures and other data.
Duties and Responsiblities
- Manage research and assessment of account and customer risk. In conjunction with AR, manage release of sales orders or holds, as a result of credit and collection issues.
- Ensure credit policies and risk management procedures are accurately executed and adhered to in a timely fashion.
- Evaluate established credit/risk policies and develop recommendations for improving process and/or changing agreed limits.
- Reduce bad debts and ensure that risk is minimized by monitoring and recommending credit exposure for Reddy Ice.
- Develop and implement customer focused strategy for the credit and risk area.
- Establish and police credit limits, setting realistic targets that maximize growth and minimize risk.
- Ensure the strategy fits with business financial and customer strategies and policies.
- Work with Accounts Receivable team members to minimize the problems with customers over payments and debts.
- Minimize risk to Reddy Ice through bad debt coordination and management.
- Work with Customer Maintenance to ensure our records are accurate as it relates to legal, financial, ownership and addresses.
Monitor bankruptcy filings and news reports of possible filings utilizing various computer systems, web-based services and other sources to include the following:
- Coordinate activity between courts, trustees, attorneys and the company resulting from customer bankruptcies.
- Gather all supporting invoices and produces and files related reports, reclamation filings, claims, write offs and recoveries.
- Produce payment history reports for defense of preference claims.
- Clear the open accounts receivable accounts for all prepetition claims.
- Maintain long term filing system of bankruptcies and subsequent recoveries.
- Keep management apprised of status of bankruptcies and comply with all related and legally required demands.
- Ensure that relevant legislative requirements are adhered to and actively participate in industry share groups to garner complete insight the industry and specific customers that are determined to be high risk.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
- Plan, organize and control the activities of accounts receivable employees who are responsible for the collection of all company accounts receivables.
- Set goals and expectations for the team and ensure responsibilities are completed in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
- Measure customer service standards, and key performance indicators, for individual collectors and the group.
- Reduce the number of write off and adjustments.
- Ensure balances are collected and problems are resolved by identifying the root cause and implementing solutions.
- Work in collaboration with internal and external customers to ensure receivable are identified and escalated by providing feedback and recommendations on problematic accounts.
- Prepare entries to record customer adjustments and other transactions as needed.
- Prepare and provide recommendations on changes to improve accounts receivable processes with regard to procedures, coordination between departments, and other practices that would improve operations from an accounting stand point.
- Develop and execute new approaches/procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of the department. Translate organizational vision into tactical plans and specific initiatives
- Create a cohesive work environment that is effective, productive and efficient.
- Create and execute project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify resources needed and coordinate individual responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects and scope
- Review deliverables prepared by team before presenting to leadership
- Effectively apply our project methodology and enforce project standards.
- Manage business case modeling
- Prepare for project reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Minimize exposure and risk on projects
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Motivate team to accomplish required responsibilities in an accurate, timely and efficient manner
- Provide training and monitoring in the collection of past due accounts, and the resolution of billing discrepancies
- Provide customer service training and monitoring of staff performance
- Ensure process and procedures are updated and documented
- High impact on financial results due to customer contact and collection activity
- Access to confidential reports and information
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree - Preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in a customer-facing / supervisory role in collection / credit and risk / customer service functions.
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power point, Access and AS400
- Strong financial and accounting background – ability to analyze financial data and assess business impacts of initiatives. Excellent analytical skills sufficient to analyze and interpret business trends.
- General knowledge of practices for creating and delivering reports from large relational database management systems
- Proven ability to work independently, cooperatively as a member of a team and to coordinate efforts and collaborate with a variety of individuals
- Proven ability to work sensitively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills to establish priorities, work in a team context, and manage multiple activities to meet system wide deadlines
- Proven ability to exercise discretion and judgment in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Proven ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Business office conditions and hours