PAYROLL COORDINATOR (AF4A99E676) Dallas, Texas
Responsible for all phases of processing payroll from setting up new hires, tax exemptions, statutory and voluntary deductions, direct deposit, garnishments, processing weekly and bi-weekly payroll, terminating employees and ensuring the accuracy of hours recorded and paid.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare weekly payroll by verifying that hours, wages, garnishments, miscellanoues pay, adjustments, and commissions recorded are accurate and ready for final check issuance.
- Responsible for the set-up of New Hires in the payroll system and verifying that payroll related forms are completed correctly.
- Review and maintain employee and security access into Automated Time System and IVR (interactive voice response) system.
- Process garnishment requests by communicating with garnishor, manually calculating amount to be deducted from the employee’s pay, verify minimum wage laws, enter garnishment data into the payroll system and maintaining assigned Area garnishment spreadsheet for submission of payments to accounts payable.
- Verify payroll data for reasonableness and policy compliance on a weekly basis.
- Process and record pay adjustments related to changes in salary or errors.
- Ensure employee information such as exemptions, transfers, terminations, pay rate changes, direct deposit and pay card enrollments are accurately reflected in the system on an no-going basis.
- Track payroll entries and dollars associated with stop payments, voids, reissues of paychecks, and returned direct deposits.
- Provide information regarding employees’ earnings and work history to authorized company personnel, employees of State and federal agencies, and verifiy of employment to authorized entities.
- Respond to HR/payroll related inquires by conducting research and communicating a final resolution to individual raising the concerns.
- Develop and sustain collaborative and productive relatioonships with peers, field operations, and company management.
- Generate and audit reports periodically to maintain integrity of payroll data such as miscellaneous pay, active without hours, direct deposit not set up, commission pays, terminations, and re-hires.
- Adhere to the Reddy Ice Code of Business Ethics. Honesty and integrity are valued above all else and employees are expected to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
- Quarterly tax reporting to various states.
- Set-up and activation of Direct Deposit.
- Entry of manager fund checks issued to employees into Payroll System.
- Explanation of Payroll policies to Area managers and employees.
- Maintenance, training and resolution of issues regarding the Timesaver system.
- This position can have an impact on profit from performing job due to payroll errors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 2-3 years of manual and computerized payroll processing experience. Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to adhere to tight deadlines, be detail oriented and handle highly confidential information.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Office job with no travel requirements or hazardous conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.