Human Resources Business Partner-Field (A70A73E621) Dallas, Texas
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collaborates closely across the HR sub functions to ensure alignment of HR field activities with corporate wide initiatives, projects, programs or strategies.
2. Supports organizational change by ensuring appropriate systems of performance, development, and communications are in place.
3. Establish field HR metrics to establish baseline performance, track trends and proactively develop action plans to mitigate areas of risk or concern.
4. Partner with managers to establish and maintain employer-employee relationships that contribute to high productivity, quality and employee satisfaction by preventing or resolving concerns on a timely basis.
5. Proactively identifies and manages talent, builds bench strength and spearheads internal movements that maximize use of talent while meeting business expectations.
6. Facilitates execution of training and compliance programs.
7.Ensure the HR Field Team is adequately resourced and staffed to support business needs including validation of position design and accountability, on-going evaluation of processes, and proactive service level feedback from the business.
8. Provide direct support to the company’s Mergers & Acquisition activities by leading on-site HR transition efforts of acquired company and following the detailed M&A activities for the HRBP – Field Operations role.
9. Drive Performance Management practices in the field and ensure 100% adherence to established timelines for new hires, and the annual performance management process.
10. Travels across the Company’s geographic footprint to ensure consistent HR presence and communications throughout the company.
11. Manage the unemployment process by ensuring proper attention and communication with unemployment TPA, monitoring case metrics, and holding HR Specialists accountable for results.
12. Lead and support the effective onboarding of new hires in the field by ensuring designed programs are followed, assuring hiring managers have the proper training and tools, and continuously checking for alignment amongst the respective HR specialists.
13. Spearhead community/charity activities in the field that tie to the company’s best interests, contribute to local communities and build employee involvement.
14. Conduct internal investigations working collaboratively with functional subject matter experts and identify potential risks to the organization; recommend resolutions in a timely manner.
15. Coach and advise managers in the preparation, issuance and monitoring of corrective action documentation to correct employee work performance/behavioral deficiencies.
16. Review all termination recommendations to ensure compliance with Company policy and federal and state law.
17. Work in tandem with HR Director and attorneys on all legal matters, such as EEOC charges, lawsuits, FLSA allegations or claims of discrimination.
18.Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of separation paperwork and severance agreements, when applicable.
19.Hire, train and provide daily supervision to HR Specialists including complying with all FLSA wage & hour regulations, recording of hours policies, approving
hours worked on a weekly basis and approving company related expenses.
20. Promote and champion the Reddy Ice Core Values and adhere to the Code of Business Ethics.
21. Actively support Environmental Health & Safety initiatives and requirements.
22. Review & approve invoices, for HR reports & various other accounting reports as required by policy.
Has direct managerial responsibility for HR Specialist Group.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years HR Generalist experience with at least 3 years of supervisory experience, preferably in manufacturing or consumer packaged goods.
- Strong Employee Relations background in a geographically dispersed, multi-state environment.
- Experience in understanding and translating the priorities of the business and integrating the HR value proposition and strategies to meet the needs of the business.
- Track record of strong business partnership and cross functional collaboration within a dynamic, fast paced environment: a strategic leader who takes initiative and ownership.
- Experience maintaining strict confidentiality of data and information.
- Ability to influence and manage change and deal effectively with change management initiatives.
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends and recommend solutions to improve employee satisfaction, performance, and retention.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Travel up to 40% of the time, with potential overnight travel for Merger & Acquisitions or as deemed necessary by the business.