Regional Human Resources Manager (AE4C2247C6) San Antonio, Texas
At Reddy Ice, we are working toward a vision of become North America’s “Total Ice Solution.”
This role will contribute to this effort by ensuring organizational objectives are met through the efficient execution of human resources initiatives. This role will be responsible for the full cycle HR support from recruiting to off-boarding. Proactively identifies and mitigates risk within the organization by utilizing functional Human Resources knowledge and business partnerships. Responds to and resolves employee relations issues in a timely and accurate manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Makes recommendations to improve personnel policies and procedures. Educates employees, line, and functional managers on policies and procedures. Ensures consistent and equitable policy administration.
- Act as a valued member of the regional senior management team: functions as a key advisor and business partner to the RVP and regional team; acts as liaison to the corporate HR Department; represents the HR Department in regional project initiatives.
- Leads regional recruiting efforts for exempt and non-exempt personnel; assists regional management with effective utilization of recruiting resources; coordinates with regional training team to enhance the on-boarding experience.
- Manages all aspects of employee relations within region; conducts investigations; drafts EEOC position statements as necessary; represents the company at EEOC, Unemployment, and other agencies as required.
- Collaborates with RVP’s on talent management and succession planning initiatives; assists with identifying skill gaps and providing applicable training or rotational opportunities.
- Manages compliance with all relevant federal, state, and local regulations.
- Participates in national projects and initiatives such as benefits communication and enrollment, performance review cycles, new program rollouts, policy changes and enhancement communiques, reorganizations, and acquisition integration.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately at all levels of the organization.
- Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
- Develops, recommends, and implements HR policies and procedures; educates/trains employees, line and functional managers on administration of policies and procedures. Ensures consistency and equitable treatment of the administration of all applicable policies.
- Provides direct support to the company’s Mergers & Acquistions activities within the assigned area and leads on-site HR transition efforts.
- Manages HR initiates and special projects.
POSITION CAN BE LOCATED OUT OF EITHER SAN ANTONIO OR AUSTIN, TX
This position is responsible for positive employee relations and compliance with all HR related laws and regulations.
This is an individual contributor role.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- PHR/SPHR preferred but not required
- 7+ years’ experience managing HR in a manufacturing or industrial multi-state, multi-site environment
- 7+ years’ experience managing field HR for both sales and operations teams
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong focus on continuous improvement and Customer Service to all employees
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Manufacturing environment subject to extreme changes in temperature
- Work is performed in a typical office environment and may require standing, bending, lifting boxes, and packages under 10 lbs., sitting for long periods of time, and driving between locations.
- 75% travel required. Territory encompasses 6 states.
- On-call availability, weekend and evening work required.