Regional Engineer (A450E4BAD7) Columbia, South Carolina
The Regional Engineer’s primary responsibility is to support, mentor and develop Plant Engineer’s, their staffs and other technical staff in assigned facilities. The focus is to ensure that they are operating within all Reddy Ice policies and best practices relating to safety, quality, and productivity.
In addition, their role is to serve as technical advisor, coordinating engineering activities within assigned region; particularly in areas of best practice manufacturing, continuous improvement and operational excellence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the regional engineering lead in matters of refrigeration, packaging, or troubleshooting and repair.
- Maintain a professional supervisory relationship with plant engineering in all technical matters.
- Coordinate with and reinforce the Regional Safety/Risk Manager in all regulatory matters.
- Monitor and assist the Plant Engineer in the operation of best practice maintenance including the preparation of an annual site maintenance schedule and expense projection.
- To serve as a primary project manager or engineer on capital projects as assigned.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by management.
- Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
Internal: Regional VP, Dir Engineering Technology, General Managers, Plant Engineers, and Staff
External: Vendors, Contractors
Maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with employees, vendors, suppliers & contractors while demonstrating a commitment to Reddy Ice values & priorities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required, consideration will be given to exceptional candidates who can demonstrate extensive and equivalent related training and experience.
5 to 10 years experience
Project design and installation of refrigerated foods (or similar) including contract management of external engineering, supply, and skilled trades vendors.
Design/Oversight of automated controls systems and maintenance experience direct supervisory and control history.
Best practice manufacturing including Lean Six and Sigma.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Conditions vary from normal office conditions to all areas inside and outside of plant. Exposure to extreme temperature fluctuations, electrical hazards, ammonia and heavy moving equipment. The job requires working nights and weekends with extensive travel. Requires an eye for detail and ability to organize. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.