Wireline Technologist (WL) (33223ndd) Dickinson, North Dakota
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Job Location: Williston, ND
Perform troubleshooting, test/repair and maintenance of acquisition systems and downhole tool strings per Weatherford maintenance standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot electronic and mechanical assemblies to component level.
- Perform testing and preventative maintenance per Weatherford maintenance standards (LTP, pin checks, etc.)
- Create and/or append repair reports in TOPS as required.
- Comply with Weatherford and statutory requirements for quality, safety, health and environment.
- Other duties as assigned within the physical constraints of the job.
- Prior experience as a cased hole or open hole technologist; familiarity with WFT equipment preferred.
- Familiarity with electronic test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, function generators and frequency counters).
- Ability to solder to current IPC standards.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Ability to read electrical/electronic schematics, wiring diagrams and mechanical drawings.
- Familiarity with TOPS, WISE system (preferred).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Individual must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.