Mechanic I (29377) Kilgore, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Repair, install, adjust, or maintain industrial machinery systems in both the field and in the shop.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Observe, test, and evaluate operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Disassemble equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Examine parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Repair, replace, adjust, and align components of equipment.
- Clean and lubricate parts and equipment.
- Test-run repaired equipment to verify adequacy of repairs.
- Fabricate replacement parts.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 5 years experience in mechanics or related field
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow repair manuals
General knowledge of equipment diagnosis and repair
The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.