Lead Medical Technologist (3303) Akron, Ohio
|Salary:||USD25 - USD32 per hour + health, profit sharing, benefits|
- Perform all diagnostic laboratory tests and evaluate results against measurable criteria; instruct laboratory personnel regarding use of equipment, procedures and review the results
- Perform QC calibrations as lead
- Review QC calibrations
- Process all documents for the blood bank
- Prepare for inspections
- Coordinate and monitor all quality control, calibrations and preventive maintenance. Compile statistical data and analyze quality control data. Implement, maintain and monitor regulatory compliance and all standards of health and safety
- Direct the daily activities of the department in the absence of the manager and assist staff with analysis and resolution of problems, and resolve specimen issues (i.e. crediting and documenting for quality assessment); monitor inventory
- Monitor and assist all training to assure completion in a timely manner; assist with competency assessment of the testing staff
- Assure that proficiency testing is assigned and completed in a timely manner
- Five years of blood banking experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Customer service skills.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Medical Technology Training with an accredited school
- MT (ASCP), NCA, or AMT certification upon hire
- Knowledge of quality control, quality assurance and regulatory standards
- Experience with comparable Laboratory Information System (LIS)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Knowledge and experience with Clinical Laboratory operations