Cytotechnologist/Histotechnologist - Manager (3310) Ohio, USA
|Salary:||USD60000 - USD70000 per year + benefits|
1. Responsible for day to day laboratory operations, providing for employee schedules, verifying payroll variances. Works collaboratively with nursing and all clients for the laboratory.
2. Responsible for maintaining all accreditation standards of the CAP and JCAHO including any safety, compliance, and education programs.
3. Develops and implements new technology, methods and instrumentation to improve the anatomical pathology laboratory including the histologic and cytologic services.
4. Develops and maintains QA activities in a formalized program involving all facets of anatomical pathology.
5. Promotes CE efforts for all employees.
6. Selects qualified competent department staff to provide quality services.
7. Completes performance appraisals on time based on policy.
8. Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and monitors allocation of resources.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor"s degree in Biological Sciences or Allied Health is required or activity pursuant to include an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires up to five year's experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility to develop the judgement necessary to make appropriate decisions and to handle emergency situations.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Valid Ohio driver's license and/or CDL and proof of current insurance required. Certification as a histotechnologist and/or cytotechnologist by ASCP or NCA required.