Regional Progressing Cavity Pumping Systems (PCP) (30324) Lloydminster, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
The purpose of this position is to support the Weatherford Competency Assurance Process (CAP) for the PCP Service Shop personnel in Canada.
Conduct competency assessments, track and report completion data, provide service quality coaching and feedback based on the PCP Service Shop competency standards and written procedures. Provide guidance, limited training and support to front line employees in critical roles to demonstrate their competency and adherence to current procedures. Provide guidance and support to Line Supervisors in support of their direct reports learning and development needs. Conduct quality audits to determine the level of compliance with general safety, PCP Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions. Write Technical Work Instructions as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare, organize and carry out competency assessments of the PCP Service Shop workforce in the shop and field job classification.
- Prepare, complete, upload, make assessment decisions and securely file assessment documentation.
- Conduct Competency Assurance Process (CAP) briefings as required.
- Maintain confidentiality of individual competency assessment decisions, sharing only with those with a need to know.
- Provide guidance and leadership to other product line CAP assessors.
- Conduct follow up on “not yet competent’ assessment decision to ensure suitable and timely required training is being provided to the employee.
- In consultation with line management, identify and nominate the suitable candidates for various programs or courses which will support employee development.
- Communicate with Line Supervisors and Management and Global Management to plan for the assessment of PCP employees and where required, provide input to remedial performance improvement action plans.
- Prepare periodic reports by location and disseminate as directed.
- Maintain current skill and knowledge related to PCP procedures and the WFT Competency Assurance Process.
- Assist in or write Technical Work Instructions in your field of expertise.
- Carry out other related duties as assigned
- 5 years directly related experience and expertise in the discipline for which competency assessments and training are being conducted is preferred
- A solid belief in the value of competency assessments, training
- Fluent in verbal and written English language
- Solid presentation / interpersonal skills and well organized
- Strong computer skills
- Current class 5 drivers license with clean drivers abstract
- Willingness and ability to travel and regularly be away from home location for varying periods of time
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.