Wireline Field Specialist - Slimline (Red Deer) (30118) Red Deer, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Junior Field Engineer
Supervisor Trainee — Wireline
Weatherford Wireline Engineers/Supervisors ensure that our customer’s requirements are met or exceeded by maintaining a high standard of professionalism, safety, quality, and efficiency in the performance of well logging and completion operations. With your professionalism, strong work ethic, leadership and teamwork skills, you will help make Weatherford the preferred wireline service company in Canada.
Responsibilities of a Field Engineer
- The operation and management of a mobile wireline field unit and crew.
- Maintain 100% Safety compliance as per Weatherford Standards.
- The operation of a proprietary surface computer system to collect, QC, and analyze complex geological, geophysical, and mechanical readings from sub-surface well logging tools.
- Providing reliable, prompt, and courteous service to Weatherford's customers on a 24-hour basis.
- Isolating and solving complex problems on the job site with the assistance of our technical support groups.
- You will be required to work in a field setting for extended hours
The initial training period for this position is approximately six months. You will spend four weeks in intense training where you will be taught all the technical skills necessary to become a successful Junior Field Engineer/Supervisor. The remainder of your training will be spent under the direct supervision of an experienced Field Engineer/Supervisor who will help you develop your skills in the field until you are proficient to work on your own.
- Technical Degree: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical, Engineering, Petroleum Engineering / Geology / Earth Sciences
- Senior Wireline Operator
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Driving Distance of the Facility
- Safety minded individual, willingness and commitment to receiving both required and ongoing mandatory safety training as a condition of employment
- This position is considered a safety sensitive position and qualified candidates will be required to pass a Pre-employment Medical, Drug & Alcohol Test
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal & written
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated and effective problem solver
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.