Machine Operator Stator Production - PCPump Strathcona (30464) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Progressing Cavity Pump Rotor and Stator manufacturing, a division of Weatherford®, that is located in Edmonton, is looking to fill the following position: Machine Operator Stator Production (Various processes and shifts)
While adhering to standard safety and quality operational policies and procedures, the primary functions of the Machine Operator Stator Production are:
- Learn and become proficient at the various levels of the Progressive Cavity Pump Stator process, specifically, but not limited to the Cope Extruder work center. The work center consists of a computer driven rubber extruder. The processes include verification of tooling, connection, alignment, assembly and disassembly of the work piece and the machinery. Quality inspection is also a process that is included.
- Monitor the running condition of machinery; read measuring instruments; respond to all computer error messages, inform supervisor of problems and operational concerns; participate in trouble shooting and problem resolution; conduct inspection according to requirements
- Accurately complete reporting and travel documents as required
- Operate the overhead crane to safely and efficiently move material
- 100% participation in identified workplace Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Actively participate in company safety procedures and programs: correct unsafe work practices or situations; follow reporting protocols for violations; participate in the Hazard Identification process
- Fully participate in continuous process improvement and cost control, following quality policies and procedures and standards to maintain within company guidelines
- Perform other duties as required, including clean-up duties and the scanning of attendance and work order time
High School Diploma or GED required.
- Demonstrated proficiency, through pre-employment testing, in reading comprehension, writing and basic math calculations in the English language
- Knowledge and use of computerized equipment and machinery is ideal
- Safe and efficient use of hand tools required
- Quality inspection experience an asset
- manual labor work experience is required
- Previous experience in a production/manufacturing machining or assembly environment an asset
- Oil and gas experience is an asset
- Mechanically inclined
- Physically fit
- Computer literate
- Previous experience with material handling systems are an asset (forklift, overhead crane, hoists,etc.)
- Possess mechanical aptitude, with an eye for detail and a willingness to learn
- Be punctual, reliable, and willing to work flexible hours
- Willing to actively participate in the Environmental, Health and Safety programs
- Required to work safely, within standard policies and procedures
- Able to work within a computerized environment
- Have excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Day Shift, 4 days on 4 days off, 12 hours a day
Weatherford®is a progressive company and committed to quality employee programs.
All candidates considered for a Safety Sensitive position are required to undergo pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol testing.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.