Senior Shipper Receiver (Calgary) (33869) Calgary, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Responsible for planning and managing global export shipments of core samples, wellsite equipment, and laboratory or wellsite consumables purchased domestically in Canada or from International vendors, to Weatherford operations or customers in over 60 countries.
- Work with the SRS Group Lead, Canadian Compliance Manager, and Procurement officer to reach management’s goals and expectations in a safe and compliant service to internal and external customers and third parties.
- Schedule and monitor air or surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of samples or equipment.
- Develop, document, maintain, and revise standard and emergency operating procedures regarding storage and distribution services for fluid and rock samples.
- Maintain an after-hours on call rotating schedule.
- Manage regional and international logistics in a cost effective way with supply chain leadership team.
- Manage logistics that meet requirements and expectations of clients while maintaining flexibility and predictability
- Define logistics performance and improvement plan in conjunction with regional leadership team.
- Track and manage logistics performance indicators related cost, quality and delivery of materials and series
- Understand internal customer needs and summarize business requirements as for logistics strategy
- Manage and coordinate daily logistical requirements involving truck transport, air freight and ocean freight transportation in the continuing supply chain cycle. Manage and assist coordinators, assigned the task of maintaining established Air freight and Ocean freight schedules.
- Create and issue Shippers Letter of instruction for internal use and distribution to forwarders.
- Provide communications regarding status updates, progress reports for special projects specific project AFE-PO status reports, and general communication as needed.
- Oversee communications with Vendors and Forwarders to arrange for proper handling, documentation, compliance with destination country regulations and manage all logistics transactions within the ERP including full utilization of the CI and Green Light process.
- Oversee handling of purchase order material receipts at Forwarder/Export packer’s facilities communicating directly with procurement, accounting, and management to ensure requirements and expectations are maintained.
- Coordinate material receipt discrepancies, notification of urgent material receipts and expediting of export preparations with respect to our purchase order materials and designated priority.
- Assist in the development and implementation of global Logistics best practices.
- Comprehend Company Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Appreciate and comply with all safety rules and company policies, compliance, QHSSE, WHIMSS, and HAZMAT.
- Maintain highest quality level with all work assignments.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by Group Lead and supervisor as assigned.
- Track all core, fluid, and cylinder samples to, from, and within Weatherford Laboratories Calgary and client/third party locations.
- Confirm that what is being shipped matches the requirements.
- Package the items to ensure there is no damage during transportation.
- Include a detailed packing slip with each shipment and retain a copy for our records.
- Waybills and electronic documents will be filled out with all pertinent information recorded and copies kept for tracking and traceability.
- Work closely with the shop personnel and the project Manager to ensure shipments are ready when required.
- All parts and equipment arriving at our facility will have a packing slip which includes the PO Number.
- Check the packing slip and confirm the piece count and look for any visible damage.
- Verify the information with the purchase order.
- Check off each item to ensure the information matches the PO.
- Date stamp and sign both the packing slip and the purchase order.
- Finished documents are placed in the appropriate folder.
- Reading and understanding programs and questioning when unsure of procedures prior to starting the project as well as during the task
- Performing tasks in an efficient manner keeping an eye on stock and letting the appropriate people know when the lab is running out of important lab consumables in order to ensure we do not run out of these products
- Respecting the equipment which we use and the knowledge / experience of the other technologist/technicians in the laboratory
- Reading about and adhering to company policies which are applicable to laboratory staff
- Maintaining safe work habits and keeping abreast of new safety policies through meetings or postings on the safety board.
- Perform any task or operation that is asked of you by either a Team lead or Supervisor/Manager that is not mentioned on the above duties.
- QC all work completed by others.
- Use the Coretrac Sample Tracking and Documentation Software to accomplish the above
- Use the IMS Inventory barcode system to accomplish the above.
- 3 – 5 years experience in Shipping & Receiving
- Logistics Strategy knowledge and skills on a regional or global level
- Familiarity of major ERP tool (JDE or SAP)
- Superior communication, negotiation and analytical skills
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- The ability to create and maintain strong business relationships
- Able to regularly lift 55lbs
- Competent in forklift operations
- Neat, Organized and Accurate
- Average to Strong computer skills. The ability to work with Microsoft Excel.
- Good people skills
- Formal training in HAZMAT, WHIMSS, and other mandatory logistics classes.
- Valid Drivers License with Clean Drivers Abstract
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.